May 21st, Wednesday - Bench 147 5x5, Medium Squat 170 3x5

 21.05.2025

Five years since I've had this blog - well, actually no but no matter; five years since I've switched to a different lifestyle which this blog became a part of.

I've been neglecting this really lively part of mine, a squiggly, faceless slimy eel of my mind; it's not a normal one, it's not one eel - it's many; they're here, they're white, they're something new but old. They're shaking me and I'm shaking them; espetulante. Flowing, flowing, flowing. Confused? Not really, no more, no nothing, no nowhere; pulse, rhythm, beat, feeing - newness, openness - no longer wounded, seeking, feeling, sensing, touching, grabbing... It will be mine, it is mine by right. Food? No, more than that... Fulfillment.

Speaking off - nutrition has been moderate, sleep very decent. That Monday workout kicked my ass proper. The muscles right against the backbone got stretched well! And I think those stiff legged deadlifts might have cured my left-side discomfort. I stretched one of the sides and it allowed me to rotate the vertebrae above my lumbar when I lie down - they used to stay stiff and pull on my oblique region indirectly, that is my guess. My wrist, right wrist hurts - because of the hooks I used. That is obvious to me. Same with wrist straps - if you use them like that a lot it'll hurt.

Today's plan is bench - 5*5, simple stuff but heavy. Some extra, some squat. Back really stiff. I really felt borderline ill yesterday from the deadlift, I had some kind of a twisting stomach sensation and I had to shit it out.

Workout

Warmup - some, mostly flys

Bench press

20 - 70

120 for 5

147,8 - 5 sets of 5

Very good, feels good. Not all reps were great, but that's mostly on behalf of me not really having 'the groove' on bench. Pecs were only tight on early sets.

Finally got that impulse to play drums. Listened to metronome, cleaned the drumkit and some parts of the music room - I'm afraid that's enough, I already got an insane amount of dust in me and a proper hankering to wipe any dust I see now. Dangerous impulse! I cleaned a lot. Not to get a rug back in there.

I wonder if I really care about double pedal... I definitely do. But also - I want to play standing up. I don't like sitting, and I really don't like sitting on my particular ass and hip joints when my knees are above hips. That's bad. Don't like bike seats either. Really bad. Perineum is a very sensitive place. It should be possible to play standing up, and not just marching. Hmm. Definitely doable, in a way.

Rib cramping a little. Today is the day for squat, not tomorrow. I got really distracted with all the cleaning up and raging around. Oh well. Not a big deal. Let's go. I already put on weightlifting shoes. I think I'll do 4 sets of 5. Be quick about it.

Squat

Warmup - hip stretches

20 - 50 - 100 for 5

150 for 5

170 - 3 sets of 5 - feels really nice. I was running low on energy and really wanted to end after two sets - but I managed one more. Feels good. Looking forward to that Saturday DL asskicking... As well as tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR