May 14th, Wednesday - Interesting DL workout, switching to training DL more often than once a week for the first time ever!

 14.05.2025

Slept all night. Dreams weird but nice. Nutrition moderate but should probably be enough.

Now, I wanna figure out my new program.

I wrote it out. I think it's the first time ever I wrote out a program for myself - it's based on feelings. The goal is 290-300. It's very long, honestly - I might wanna adjust it eventually. It's mostly rep work! Well, I'll paste it here for an extra reference - but it's not the main reference.

Deadlift program

4 microcycles - all heavy

1) First microcycle - starting from 4*8 and ending at 5*3

2) Second - starting from 5*6 medium heavy and ending at 5*3 slightly heavier

3) Third - starting from 5*5 heavy and ending at 6*2 very heavy - might be longer than first two

4) Fourth - starting from 5*4 and ending with 8*1 really heavy - longer than other microcycles

5) Maxout short microcycle. Down to medium 5*5, slightly heavier and then a maxout

All microcycles, except first involve splitting volume roughly 60/40 between heavy "normal" work and medium-heavy volume work (sets of 8 (for me rn 220-240 for 'medium heavy')

AS well as the opposite - cut working sessions and add some HEAVY SINGLES

Main sessions on Wednesday AND Saturdays - but not always. It can go to 3 times per 2 weeks - let's say Wed/Mon/Sat per two weeks. Reasonable? Yes. But heavy Squat will be less likely. Only if perfect recovery.

In between working sessions: accessory work. Primary accessory exercise: stiff leg DL and Romanian DL. Then - heavy-ish lockouts, 18 inch DL, medium-light pause DLs; Explosive DL. Rubber DL - would like to try, but against and with help. Could be very heavy. Could put heavy accessory work on primary days - might have to cut working volume then? Reasonable - not all days of course. Should be able to space it out, add more in the second half of the program.

Don't care about percentages. They don't work. Rough estimation - heavy, medium, light. That's my preference, with consideration for rep range and volume. As well as modifiers - very heavy or heavy-medium - not to be confused with medium-heavy (might overlap due to rep ranges)

Microcycle 1

1

230 - 3 sets of 8; 250 - 3 sets of 3

Example of splicing volume with strength - but it's medium-heavy so far!

2

240 - 5 sets of 5; can take 240+

some acc work?

3

250 - 5 sets of 4 - 

can splice with heavy and/or heavy acc work / work on explosiveness!

4

260 - 5 sets of 3 - done to perfection!

Maintain lowest "rpe" possible!

Microcycle 2

1

235-245 - 5 sets of 6; 

maintain energy on volume

2

255 - 4 sets of 5 

Splice with heavier warmup and HEAVY singles

3

260 - 4 sets of 4

some heavy acc work

4

267-272 - 5 sets of 3


Microcycle 3

1

250 - 5 sets of 5 - needs to be perfect!


2

252-257 - 6 sets of 4

Splice with heavy-ish singles

3

260-270 - 4 sets of 2, 

heavy acc work

4

270-280 - 6 sets of 2 - at least 2 sets with 280!


Microcycle 4

1

240 - 5 sets of 4 - spliced with SINGLES


2

270 - 3 sets of 3 AND added volume work - 210-220 for 2-3 sets of 8


3

260-270 - 8 sets of 2 - 

must be made easy

4

250-255 - 6 sets of 3

acc work

5

275-288 - 8 sets of 1

NOT a maxout

Maxout

1

230 - 4 sets of 4; 270 - 4 sets of 1 for speed


2

220 - 3 sets of 4; 280 - 3 sets of 1


3

Maxout



Interesting. As I mentioned, I've been sleeping way too much. Almost all day yesterday. The weather's been cold and rainy, high atmospheric pressure. I really do wanna go back to a more normal lifestyle. I'm so confused in my head, so often, about anything.

I'm looking forward to adding cool new and strange exercises to my deadlift - accessories and whatnot. When you think accessories, you think lighter - but that's not the case, not always. Stiff legged lockouts - that's hard stuff. Right from above the knee. I should be taking my max off the floor and more - for reps. Could do today? Also, I might genuinely have another DL session on Monday - could be good for me? Honestly, I feel like it could. I feel like one DL per week was insanity and stupidity ALL THIS TIME. Nothing but braindead superstition. So strange. I started training 4 times per week when I started this blog - as opposed to 2 times per week. But my DL is still once a week. Strange, very strange. It'll be different. And yeah, I have to think of my pressing moves and squat too. I've been going through an intuitive cycle with my bench press - it seems to have been working out for me, judging by my Saturday efforts. OHP will not be forgotten - and ideally I'd like to get back into pullups this summer. Don't know what'll happen, don't wanna speculate.

Workout

So, today's a fairly heavy one - 230 for 3 sets of 8 - consider it a warmup, heh - and 250 for 3 sets of 3. Could do it explosive, heh. Took quite some time - not too much, but some - drinking my two conventionals. Large ones, 40 grams times 12 and something similar.

You know, it's important to be able to do the same weight for the correct volume sometimes.

Deadlift

20 - 70

120 - 160 - 200 for 5

Grip isn't perfect today. Also, I discovered that mixed grip can help you with the angles - it's possible it's easier to break past your kneecaps with mixed grip, you know. It's a theory.

230 for 8 - five mixed, then three with straps. I lower it differently... I think I'm getting better with the powerlifting-style conventional DL. Of course, realistically, it was always powerlifting style, my DL - it's more fitting to call my original style 'fat boy DL' and the new one a more of a 'Konstantinov' style.

230 for 8 - not bad, all straps - a fast set, breathing hard

230 for 8 - slow, mistake laden, but at least low RPE, exception being 7th rep done with reverse mixed grip, Hard to brace here for some reason! Nutrition, albeit sufficiently varied, has been quite modest.

250 for 3 lovely, all smooth

True bliss comes from lifting, not ffocee 😁

250 for 3 okay

250 for 3 - two straps, one mixed and racked the bar by walking backwards - I think my technique is changing indeed. Not quite in need of superflexing my lats; my arms are more vertical to the floor.

Stomach was super empty today. I barely could brace at all. How interesting! I ate some leftovers - a couple sausages, a beef patty, some slices of other sausage, stuff I had left over from yesterday. That's all I ate, sans a muffin and a few pieces of bread. I had the 'breakfast' around 7 am today, heh.

So that's it. What a lovely day. Just some deadlifts and hanging out.

RPotD

Description Στάδιο Αμφιλοχίας

Date Taken on 29 March 2013

Source https://web.archive.org/web/20161030214523/http://www.panoramio.com/photo/107944472

Author elen1695




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR