February 22nd, Saturday - OHP and PP, technique issues - must push from toes to heel!
22.02.2025
Nice day. Sleep above average, food good. Had a 30/380 conventional brew and one cup of instant coffee.
Workout
Warmup - pretty thorough
Overhead press
20 for 20
40 for 15
70 for 10
90 for 8 that was all kinda too quick, but feeling good
100 for 6 that was messy, but I managed to put myself back in saddle
100 for 6 much better, sufficiently velocious and powerful, although I did have to put in effort. I love how I am more flexible now, finally; I did this one with a tiny bit narrowed grip, and it felt good!
100 for 6 good
Warmup for PP - front quarter squat with 70. The fact that it doesn't feel awkward and painful is progress.
Push press
70 for 3
100 for 3
135,3 for push forward
135,3 for 1 - lame rep, dropped the br on floor.
The issue I had today is my PUSHING. I pushed FROM HEELS, like a powerlifting squat. You're supposed to push FROM your TIPPY TOES to your HEELS. I'm an embodiment of chaos, aren't I? I try different techniques all the time, I can't keep them in my mind and I have mastered very few basic moves.
70 for 1 finally felt right as I pushed from tippy toes to heels - only makes sense, since the barbel travels from the front to overhead - i.e. to the back!
70 for 2 sets of 2 - better.
Bad discipline today, but overall nice. That 135 for 1 is a seasonal mini-pr, but it should be much bigger. I again am grabbing too big of a piece for no reason.
Comments
Post a Comment