February 16th - Bench and squat, no more bridging on bench!
16.02.2025
Nice day. Slept little, but managing to stay awake. Nutrition decent.
Workout
Warmup - pretty thorough, pushup variations/stretches (nothing excessive obviously)
Bench press
20 for 20
50 for 20
70 for 10
100 for 10 not perfect, kinda plastic-y again... Not "plastic" (i.e. flexible), but, in fact, a little brittle, a little doughey, if you will... Connective tissues, but not muscle.
120 for 10 - not bad, overall feels very easy... But yeah, I gotta admit - tissues not ready for any kinda serious load. My hypothesis? I just gotta take longer breaks between 'serious' sessions. Doesn't mean I can't train it often, but I'll have to space out 'working' sessions. My goal rn is to do a workout in which I do sets of 10 with 130, and that'll be a PR, and I know I can do it - when my tissues come back. They came back before, it was good, I was lifting good weights, now I just gotta take about 6-7 days til next 'heavy' bench session and my pecs will be okay. Rough plan? Another OHP tomorrow, perhaps, on the lighter side - but that one, on the other hand, will, in fact, be a 'working' session, heh, even though I had one yesterday. I just *sooo* feel like I need to lift. I wouldn't say I *want* to lift (even though I do), I just feeeeel like I need to lift. Weird, huh? Maybe it's my subconscious wisdom clashing with test; under-aware of my recovery status but also know I'm feeling good rn, capable, CNS is good shape. Yes, it is in good shape! Pretty crazy.
100 for 10 - you know, I felt nothing. I'm realizing something - I MIGHT BE OVERBRIDGING. And because of that I might be stretching my pecs too much, as if I had that special weird bar. So, I'll make sure not to do that on my next session...
Squat
20 for a lot
70 for 5 creaky
120 for 5 not bad
160 for 5 you know, I'm starting to feel fatigued. It's a second sorta heavy day in a row, and a 5th day of lifting anything in a row. Time to be careful... Doesn't mean I have to stop!
170 for 5 lovely, feels great. But that's about it.
Comments
Post a Comment