February 19th - Heaviest DL session in my life (so far!)

 18.02.2025

Nice day. I kinda wanna have a light workout. A little sick.

Warmup - sneezing until I feel like I've done a set of 20 pullups, very intense. There was that one time I sneezed seven times in a row, I started to genuinely suffocate, heh heh. This was less intense, but somehow it loaded my lats pretty hard! Forced to sit down and started to joke with myself about how many calories I might have just burned with this sneeze. Sleep has been a little too jittery, but not a big deal. It was better today than yesterday. Food has been decent and lovely. I even had mushrooms fried in beef fat! Really spongy, crunchy ones, not typical champignones.

Some squat stretches and pushup static holds - that's about it, not really even a light workout.

19.02.2025

Nice day. Slept well, although not a lot. Ate well too.

Workout

Deadlift

20 for 20

70 for 10

120 for 8

160 for 5

200 for 3

230 for 3

250 for 2

I'm in a very, very, very bad mood. Old stuff. You know what I'm talking about.

270 for 2 very easy

310 for 2 sets of 0 - lifted it off the floor a little bit... heh. Second time I managed to hold it over the floor a little longer.

270 for 2 kinda hard. They looked smooth on video, the reps weren't grindy, but they were just hard. I haven't quite re-developed the ability to grind reps, if you will. Today's been kinda impulsive... Which I deem a virtue of sorts.

270 for 2 a little better... I wanted to finish here but I kinda want more. I feel like I can, even though it's taking a lot of time now. Heck, I'm getting *cold*, so that's good.

270 for 2 - it was okay. I took a relatively long break before the second rep cause I felt like I might not do it, but it ended up pretty easy. But the bar was super uneven. As I stepped back to rack it, I managed to rack the left side but then I was surprised to realize the right side was already on the floor - cause the barbell sleeve slid off and the plates were on the floor. It was really amusing how surprising it was, you know?

Finished off the session with some plate pinch unloadings.

So yeah, this session is a volume PR. I have never 4 sets of 2 with 270. It's possible I've also never even done it for two reps. You can check, if you want. I know I tried once, back in 2023 I think. Also 310 off the floor and held for half a second? That's a silly pr, you could say 😂

Acoma Pueblo from the northwest




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR