Saturday, 15th - Messy but decent OHP and PP... Possible PR?

 15.02.2025

Nice day. Kinda late again. Woke up early, had instant coffee, fell asleep, woke up, got to training after overcoming some negativity.

Overhead press

20 for 20

40 for 15

70 for 8

90 for 8

93 for 8

98 for 8 not bad, all working sets were pretty powerful and strict today.

Squat - quarter squat with 70 kgs, PP warmup

Push press

70 for 3

100 for 3

120 for 3 - not bad, right wrist strain

130 for 3 - done a-la 1+2. Strong wrist strain on first, had to put it down and pause. Took the bar with a more loose grip. It's on my clavicle, stiff rack. Decent velocity, but poor balance. I was wearing a narrow belt mid-waist, possibly a little tighter than I should have. I'm glad I managed to keep the weight fixed in the end; some wobbling, some stepping with my right foot, but I fixed it, held it, lowered it gingerly. Satisfied. Also, is it possible it's a mini PR? Well, I've done 128 for 5, so perhaps it's only a defacto PR, but 130 feels *easy* (sans wrist). That's actually good.

Also, I've been enjoying music a lot today. Starting with my 3 working set. My Annihilator folder.

Squat - quarter squat, fast, in rack but not touching the rack

130 - 2 sets of 10

Unloaded the plates, some pinching. The garage was colder than it has been in a long time, had to air it cause there was some kind of window cleaner spill or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR