February 3rd, Monday - Bench and Squat

 03.02.2025

Feeling great. Just great. A little 'distracted' but otherwise amazing. Woke up on time; managed to get up and get going even though I had no idea if I will. I'm realizing I haven't had a single debilitatingly heavy workout for a week now; last week I had that one heavy OHP set, and Wednesday was difficult, but otherwise it was all sub-heavy, no heavy volume either! Not sure how to categorize this observation, because they were definitely not light workouts. I feel like my intuitive workouts are great for 'getting in shape' more so than 'building strength'... But curiously enough if I just do the 'building strength' workouts - i.e. high frequency, high volume, heavy enough weight - I'll eventually get out of shape due to overtraining? Only a hypothesis, personal questions about myself rather than about objective nature of training. Lifting has more in common with performance art rather than science, and so do sports.

Workout

Warmup - some

Bench press

20 for 30

40 for 20

70 for 10

100 for 10

120 for 5

123 for 5

123 for 5

123 for 5

Squat

20 for 20

70 for 15

120 for 5 creaky knees today

120 for 5 tried wrapping not just under the knee but above. Might be a little too helpful, but it's good that knees don't hurt. The creaking was above the knee earlier.

150 for 5

150 for 10 - might have been 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR