February 2nd, Sunday - OHP and PP - very good, technique and tissue improvement
02.02.2025
Almost a whole week since my OHP workout. Nutrition has been decent, sleep slightly above mediocre.
Workout
Warmup - pretty thorough, now trying not to do too much - various pvc pipe moves, l-flys and torso twists (side to side, standing up). Muscles don't feel too fresh after yesterday but I know my strength fibres (fast twitching ones) haven't been fatigued almost at all.
Overhead press
20 for 20
40 for 15
50 for 10
70 for 8 - bench has allowed me to loosen some of my angles. My press is resembling Eddy Hall's technique rn, with a lot of elbow outward rotation
90 for 3
100 for 3
105 - 2 sets of 3
108 for 8 - I love how easy and smooth my OHP is today. Hallelujah! Thank God, always and ever.
Also, I've been focusing on flexing my rotator cuff outwards (same as in L-fly!), both while racking, at the start of press and while lowering the bar. I remember doing this back when I had an ultimate rack. I think it's one of those little tidbits that actually allows you to learn to weld the bar to your chest perfectly, so there's no wobble or power loss at the start of the move.
Unloaded the bar to 50. Two experimental reps of power cleans - I think I'm doing it much better that I used to, it does feel like nothing in my hands. I'm in a really good position in the bottom, full squat with weight on my heels, like Koklyaev in his DL. Some quarter squats with 50, both focusing the center of mass on my heels as well as on my toes. Today my cardio feels so much better! Thank God for this as well. Thank God for everything!
Push press
50 for 5
70 for 5 lovely. Not taking very long breaks, putting that cardio to work again
103 for 5 lovely, wrist isn't feeling too problematic
113 for 5 some technique breakdowns - not a stiff enough rack in between sets, not ressting legs
118 for 5 - some problems here too, but overall better, including wrist strain. I am very happy with my current results. I wanted to do some quarter squats, but ended up automatically uncloading the bar and closing the door.
Squat
5 sets of 15 with added control, still in weightlifting shoes. That felt weird, but good in a way.
RPotD - Conic Hill

Comments
Post a Comment