January 5th - Fails and wins at Bench press
04.01.2025
Again, technically it's the 5th. Yesterday was a nice, but unusual day. I could not sleep at all after Thursday. Could not relax. So basically I had a double day (without any sleep). Despite that, I didn't go to sleep yesterday after working. I just stayed up and finally progressed in the book. It felt good overall. The day ended almost perfectly as it was finally easy to fall asleep.
But I think I created a little sleep debt. Also I worked out a-la activity kinda way. Semi-random things. Kettlebell swings, floor supported ring pullups, neck extensions, pecs with rubber... I just realized why my pecs are shit today. Because of that. I worked them, and today I'm whacked. Hmm. So I did not have any recovery on Friday, and my meals were somewhat limited as well. That's why today all I could do was bench 20 for 30 and 2 sets of 40 for 20 before I realized it's not the time. Curious.
I really like tight under-clothing for workouts, but I think they do something weird to me. I feel like it restricts bloodflow too much.
So, here's the conclusion - I really tired myself out with my "activity" yesterday, and also possibly created sleep dept if such a thing exists. Man, Januaries are always the most sleepy months. I can't stay up when I want to.
05.01.2025
11 PM. Started writing this after second working set (first set with 128). Feel much better today. Sleep - hard to say. Not enough, but I feel almost okay. Food - about the same, almost okay. Time given to recover - enough, supposedly. Pecs - frail, but currently not tearing.
Had a couple mokas, which means I only used up 40 grams of coffee in beans. I still prefer conventional, but variety is the spice of life... Or better yet, vitamins of life. It baffles me that very few people simply choose to make conventional pourover and then just strain it. The way I make it is so good.
Workout
Bench
20 for 20
40 for 15
70 for 10
90 for 8
125 for 6
128 for 6
You know, I really wanna have a workout tomorrow as well. How do we get there? Hmm.
I gotta go ahead and get into a habit of doing frequent super-light workouts. Like a few sets with just 40 kgs on bench on my rest days, or just the bar - a few sets as well - on OHP. That would be so good for my energy retention.
128 for 6 decent, pecs still okay
I should remind myself to apply 'floating max' working weight measurement technique more frequently to allow for more even loading on bad days and days that lead up to bad days. Although this last week felt super mediocre (with the exception of DL on Wednesday) most due to lacking recovery, I believe. Messy sleep and not enough food, simple as that.
128 for 6 - nice, 5 sets of 6 done. Exactly what I had in mind.
I realized my pecs REALLY tear when I try to put the bar lower on my chest... How counterintuitive! But it makes sense; they started doing that when I was doign the overexaggerated wide-grip elbow-tuck bench in 2019, that's the first time my pec split. When I just go up and down - it's perfect. Curious, isn't it? Hoping to do some nice OHP tomorrow.
***
It's 1:27. I came to my room at 0:00... I'm glad to report I'm epxeriencing some intense time dilation. I felt and thought so much in a short period of time; my brain is alight as I free, feeling free but ready to take on some weight, like a condor ready to swoop down and snatch a boar.
Watched Hudson Hawk yesterday... It's such a brain killer of a movie, hehe. But I liked some of it. More movies should have 'casual' slapstick, it can even be dramatic, you know. It's not really meta when a character imagines themselves to be a dramatic character and acts dramatically... I liked the villainess in that movie, played by a very obviously Jewish lady... Sandra Bernhard as Minerva Mayflower. The uncircumsized cock years for the forbidden, hehe... There's something so appealing, physical and raw about her. And they're all in their early 30s in that movie, most actors... Makes me feel like a 'default adult man', hehe. That explains a lot from last year, not that I didn't know it, you know. Age... it doesn't bother me too much, but whew, man, I think it did bother me somewhat in 2023...
I played Days Gone (the video game)... Played it for 46 minutes and couldn't handle the linearity... I'm not gonna tolerate a game that treats me walking off a few feet to the side like a death and just resets me at a checkpoint. No, that game is pure console fluff, not my choice of game design to support, even though I generally wibe with the thematics of it, not so much the zombies, but the setting and the characters. No, I don't vibe with the zombies, although I've recently been thinking about giving Project Zomboid new build 42 a shot... In fact, I just downloaded it today after refunding Days Gone. That game is quite the opposite of a consoleslop handholder cinematic type of BS... Get with the times, we all want freedom in our games now. But you know what we really want? Freedom in real life. Freedom to be able to say what we wanna say without some uniformed retard telling us we're breaking some law or city ordinance... Not my kinda life, where that kind of stuff happens.
Feels like a right day to include a visual anchor in a form of an RPotD... "Aspen victorian style house on East Hallam Street in Aspen, Colorado" - colorful enough, those little houses always look like they're some kind of dark little secret behind their white painted walls, hehe...

Comments
Post a Comment