December 11th, Wednesday - Deadlift, difficult but decent

 11.12.2024

Been feeling a little weird, otherwise nice. Decent sleep, okay nutrition. Well, I admit my nutrition might turn out to be more subpar than I expected. I am seeing some patterns from the past and I suspect I might be slacking on my nutrition, on the macros at least. But I have again been eating a lot of vegetables and mostly useless stuff like that. Mostly, but not completely.

Had some food... Feeling better. I'm going through my typical mental cycles. In 2024 they feature significantly less suffering than they did last year, hehe. Yesterday was kind of a lovely day, but I kinda wasted it by getting 'distracted' with the wrong kind of writing... The meaningless kind, the one where you play with AI and get stuck in a loop.

DL session 6 - 4 sets of 5 with 77,5%. 233 kgs.

I feel really like shit today... But rather mentally than physically. How does that happen?

Workout

Deadlift

20 for 10

70 for 10

120 for 8

160 for 5 here I ended up warming up my hands with my metallic teapot

200 for 5 straps here, all that was quick warmup

Seeing any kind of AI pic online makes my body release cortisol at this point... It's overwhelming.

233 for 5 not bad, kinda whack effort-wise cause I kept having dark thoughts and thinking about my poor nutrition. But I reminded myself that this is still "warmup" - the heavy part of the warmup, before the body truly activates.

Also, I gotta tell you, I'm starting to feel better.

233 for 5 a tiny bit better. I did first 4 reps with high belt, but this time it was super loose, my whole body felt very un-tight if that makes sense. It's possible it's because of the cold air; also I wrapped the straps kneeling down - that likely reduced tension too. 5th rep was more conventional, with my trying my hardest to breathe in a lot of air.

233 for 5 nicer. My stomach is empty and that changes my angles. But this time I made sure to tighten it a tiny bit more. It was still loose enough when I'm standing - the way it should be. I reached that curious point where you know you're going to struggle but you also know you're going to be able to do all reps - i.e. not too heavy. Feels good.

233 for 5 - that was a difficult set, cause I was feeling more and more shit. I did first rep really smoothly with a mixed grip cause I suddenly felt like it. Second one was just very bad, something went wrong and I had bad technique on it. Then the struggle came as I tried to convince myself to keep going as I felt more and more like shit and it was getting colder and colder in the garage... I took quite some time, it was a long set. But eventually, the God blessed strong will won and I ended up setting myself up properly, tying my fingers to the bar smoothly and carefully and machining the last three reps with sufficient ease. Hallelujah! The triumph of God graced will over weakness, over poor nutrition and earlier made mistakes. I got the right volume without cutting myself any slack (unless you count that 'strict single' concept hehe... But it's less applicable for DL)

Well, Thank God again, I'm done for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR