November 11th - Relatively nice numbers on bench, creaky but nice squat, a lot of accessory work

 11.11.2024

November 11th... Thirteen years of Skyrim. Bethesda has turned into a fucking zombie, brain overtaken by corporate parasites. Yeah, I've enjoyed playing ESO and FO76, those are quite alright. FO4 was great. They wanted to replicate the success of Skyrim with Starfield. They don't want to admit that all this work they put in is going to be wasted. They've grown complacent under the whip&carrot of the suit-wearing fat cats. Fuck all this corporate this. It's kind of obvious to me that Microsoft is to blame. Make big money, they say. It was a beautiful, snowy white day. I strolled into the store and saw it on the shelves, in the jewel cases. I think I still have it. Came home and realized I need teh internet to play it... Didn't have it back then! No stable internet connection, no nothing. Freedom isn't free, baby, you rent it out with your blood one fiscal month at a time.

I support piracy. If you don't own the things you buy then there's no such thing as stealing. I'm borderline anti-capitalist over here with this rhetoric, but it's obvious that it's not capitalism to blame but the greedy fat fucking vampires. They won't let you play the old games, no emulation, no nothing, they release slop for you to *fresse* on, to gorge on like a fat little money-piggy you are. Go ahead, consume slop, give them your money! Inject soy into your urethra and take a seat on the cactus! That is the world we live in. Not Orwell nor Huxley could predict it. But guess what? Not all is lost.

Amidst the bloodsucking tall trees, some light still falls on the ground.

***

I had one conventional large brew, double ground ethiopian. It's not bad, I'd been an hour and a half and I haven't finished it. It's gotten lukewarm, but, surprisingly, it kinda doesn't taste bad. I was writing and editing a lot... I've been compelled to write very, ahem, *strange* things, and when I say strange I mean strange even for me. Explicit, obscene, to convey the truth of my life. All that nasty stuff does happen in real life, it's confusing, it's conflicting, like is strife, life is turbulence. But, you know, it's actually gotten better last night; I figured I can keep all the nasty but still *real* stuff in my book. You see, I used to write real nasty stuff and it was indulgent, somehow. Now, this part that I wrote, it is, well, also indulgent, admittedly, but it's different, believe me. I wasn't compelled to write it our of indulgence. How come it's okay to write crazy violence and gorebloodshitwhatever but not so okay to write about sexual things, feelings, experiences? It's cause our brain is too vulnerable, let me tell you. We're more of a sexual being than we are a violent being. We are easily controlled by sexual impulses, they are way stronger than our violent impulses, and our sexual impulses are present in us from even before we are born... Don't be so surprised. Sex and violence... What else is there to life? Hehe. It sounds funny at this point.

Here's the problem with nose jewelry... It makes it harder to breathe. It block just a bit of your air, but that still makes you stupider. Don't put stuff in your nose. One of students has huge problems with his posture, a result of growing quickly most likely. He got a stiff neck - to be honest, most people have hugely stiff necks and can't touch their chest with their chin. I can, most likely because I do train my neck occasionally (about once a year hehe) and I do use it to look around, like a wild beast I am, hehehe. What's his name book, something Mosaic, there, Guy Gabriel Keyes Gavriel Kay, that's right. I still remember nothing from that book, but I remember one scene where a guy got described as an animal looking cause he had a long muscled neck and I was totally like "that's me!" or at least I wished that was me, cause I have a long neck, but not really a muscled one.

Clearly, the re silly geese at Bethesda came up with the idea for Starfield after Obsidian released their Outer Worlds. And guess what? Shoot me at this point, I'm very upset. I'm gonna vote with my dollar and I'll make sure to make my voice known when asked... Theses people are gonna drown our favorite franchises. TES6 is going to flop... And I'll be okay with it cause I'm making my peace with it in advance. I came across a curious little kinda cringy looking game called SULFUR. I came across it when they added it to Nexus mods and the name came up in my notifications, so I checked out the page on Steam. I've been wanting to play some game, but I'm actually going through sort of a gaming pause right now again. Games are boring all of a sudden! I don't vibe with them very much. I've been feeling all osrts of little impulses. I wanted to try that old Hatred game, wanted to reinstall FO4 (a very different impulse), wanted to reinstall BG3 and finish my second playthrough which I started in January and had this whole massive DnD obsession for a while... What a time that was! A pre-turbulence time, hehe. Oh man, I absolutely could not workout when I was mentally preparing to leave! That was such an insane struggle! Actually got off my ass and did something? Whoo-wee! That's why 2024 is gonna be remembered as a cool year in my life.

And yeah, I started playing Outer Worlds a couple times, and both times I refunded it. Hmm. Maybe it'll work out the third time? If I really want to? A space game, kinda like a New Vegas DLC? Lowkey, it does look wayyy too much like New Vegas... And supposedly it's kinda set in Detroit, like, historical parallels and stuff? Curious.

Workout

Warmup - some, PWC pipe

Bench

20

53 - 2 sets of 30 - had some issues in my forearm, but they passed

73 for 10

103 for 10 doesn't feel too bad... I'm trying to add some cheating to my bench to be able to control the effort and power generation better. I feel like it's one of those exercises where your main move has to be more 'compound' rather than strict. I'm lifting up my ass on the upwards move.

103 for 10 a little easier... At this point I *expect* sets to get easier! How curious is that?..

113 for 10 - it's possible I have done two sets here

123 for 10 - nice, lovely, pretty smooth, not easy but definitely not too heavy, good velocity. Unloaded the bar easily. Elbow/forearm is a little tender, but only afterwards; as I mentioned, it's one of them common issues.

Some shoulder mobility warmups doing presses and BTN presses with the bar, some partial squats, feeling kinda stiff

Squats - some, a set of 30 with a pipe but rather partial ones

Squat

20 - 73 for 5

123 for 5 okay, a little weird. Right hip is tender, both hip extenders are a little sore. Did I mention, by the way, I did some stuff yesterday too - a lot of spring lat pulls and squats with ring support, so it was kinda like stretching which, admittedly, was just not too smart to do before a squat today, but today isn't as much of a 'squat day' as it is more about recovering squat, probing it.

I'm focusing on maintaining a 'powerful position' - a feeling of it, at least, and I ended up with a really curious kind of squat, the one when I do push my ass forward, so I'm not just lifting with my hams... I should really be filming more

123 for 5 - lovely, super easy, powered by Manowar

133 for 5 - same, but I ended up doing a bit more of 'my version of ATTG' but this time with that wide stance I'm trying. Well, not wide, but about two inches wider than what I *was* used to, and toes a bit more out. You gotta slow it down and not go too deep voluntarily.

133 for 5 - okay, not bad

Wrist curls and extensions - 6 kg dumbbells, 3 sets of 50 (not counting the one I did for warmup at the start)
Supersetted with
Tricep extension, 3 spring expander - 3 sets of 50

Did wrist curls with rolling down to fingers, second set was proper hard pump, a burn. Tricep got pumped too, especially I slowed down my reps on the third set.

Neck extension - 5 kg for 3 sets of 30. First set short range, various other moves (head turns); Second set long range - overbearing pump, don't want to risk it! Third set - ten reps short, twenty long.

Neck curls, lying with head off the bed - 3 sets of 20 - also overbearing pump, would like to avoid immediate strain.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR