November 27th - Light session on Wednesday???
27.11.2024
Nice day. Not feeling too great, however - physically, that is. Yesterday, after those paused squats - and they were really long pauses - I kinda felt super limber, especially since I strained my back last Wednesday (technically it was Thursday after 0:00, but no matter). So yeah, I woke up yesterday feeling decent and had a lovely time until I strained my pec on mere 130 kg bench. It's a fairly light strain, it doesn't hurt outside of doing bench. I'd like to hope it was indeed very light and I'm not jinxing it, lol. Cause, as I said before, you can jinx it psychologically, which, I suspect, is something I'm doing all the time - thinking it's a super light strain/injury, continuing to load it and straining it some more until it's pretty bad. It's definitely what I've done with my left side on squats, and thus I spent all of October without heavy DLs and squats. But now they're more or less okay.
My plan to try the adaptogens isn't working out - they're not doing what they used to do back in the day, I believe they simply work as a CNS depressant due to alcohol content. I got rid of them. I barely buzzed yesterday and I've been sleeping way too much the last three days. And I'll be doing my DL tomorrow too - not today. It all got shifted by one day due to insane load/life changing events last week.
Also, after getting up I had my right forearm - you know, the one that I strained on OHP (done with a relatively wide grip which I've been doing for a few years now) - I had it tweaking a lot as i tried to move it around, and it hurt. But after some time it doesn't hurt. It's gotta be something related to blood pressure and movement. I've grown pretty big, in fact, I look fairly muscular right now, close to peak of I've looked like at my best without going too fat (sounds like a lot of nonsense, doesn't it? But to me it is pretty specific). So yeah, I look good, my muscle is in good shape, great shape even, but a lot of other things - connective tissue mostly - are not too great. Right now my CNS is in a weird state, I believe my random experiment with adaptogens had gotten my CNS chemically depressed, which would explain me getting so upset yesterday. My appetite had gotten really bad as well, I really don't want to eat anything. Had a pack of gristly meat yesterday, you know, the chops from the ribs I used to buy two years ago or so. They're cheap and they're fun to nibble on, but really hard to get all the connective tissue out of your teeth afterwards. I've been having bananas on the regular for almost a week now, so you'd expect I'd have less cramps... But it's hard to say. Maybe I could do some working out today - well, not working out, more like an "activity". Yeah, cause I can't think of it as a workout. Tomorrow I'll have a great nice one. A normal deadlift. Pray for me, please, pray to God so he'd give me enough wisdom to balance all these parameters together to get my training back on track and make me happier, pray for God to give me better discipline, please! And yeah, don't forget that I believe that prayers work in retrospect, so you can do it right now and check out my further training posts to see if your prayers have worked already, heh.
Medial epicondyle of humerus, connected to pronator muscle and flexor carpi ulnaris - that's the part that's injured, close to elbow. Not injured, strained - muscle tense, pulling on a weakened, damaged connective tissue. Not a big deal.
Activity
Rubber lat pulls - 3 sets
Squats, flat feet, using windowsill as support - 3+ sets of 20+
16 kg kettlebell on my back - 2 sets
32 kg kettlebell - 1 sets of 20
You know, it makes sense why rolling the bar further up the traps would work. Cause you don't wanna deadlift your squat, and I haven't been doing it. It's been a long time since I've done typical powerlifting squat with knees not going forward. So I naturally don't do it. And if you try weightlifting squat with a weight too low on your back you'll fall backwards, which is sort of what I've been feeling. Thank God for these small revelations. Pray I remember them... Tomorrow will be a good day.
Another reminder to myself - try paused squats again!.. I remember how I started my Squat program with 140 kgs for 4 sets of 8 in May 2023... That was pretty epic and really difficult at the time.
You know, maybe I wanna try barefooted/flat footed squatting. With a barbell, that is! Cause I'm doing it right now and I think I can discover a lot...
On second set of kettlebell squat I found a really good position and done 20 very easy and nice reps, flat footed. Not ATTG (duh), but still - interesting. Also no creaking and no pain (spreading thighs and rotating feet/calves just right)
Comments
Post a Comment