November 24th - Another hole climbout

 24.11.2024

Ever since I came back home I've been noticing how my PC shits itself, disk-wise. It gets clogged and I'm like 'wth?'. So, on Friday I asked chatgpt what might be the issue, listing some of the things, like using the Eraser tool, windows updates or clogging up my disk to a point of having less that 10 gbs of free space - optimal usage, if you're unaware of the trivial nuance of how PCs work. Upon chatgpt's suggestion I installed CrystalDiskInfo and it said that my SSD is lowkey a zombie! It had 0% health. So, it was basically a functioning but dead item? Something tells me that it's been this way for definitely more than a year. I purchased a new SSD, an M.2 one - Western Digital WD Black SN850X, 2 terabytes. Sure was nervous on occasion, I even ended up deleting *all* of my games so that all me data only took 120 gbs, even backed up some of my music files and Cakewalk projects. Something tells me I simply didn't need to do it, since cloning it took only 22 minutes - it could have probably been up to an hour max if I kept all my games. But I have been having issues in almost every way, real slowdowns, I even ended up installing Duckduckgo browser today to lighten the load. Received the new SSD today. Fiddled with installing it a little, went on a search for a magnetic screwdriver until I found on lying around fairly randomly. Got it all in, cloned the system, made sure not to forget to expand the main drive or however you call it... Partition.

Well, moment of truth - took out the old SATA SSD, closed the tower carefully. And... thirty seconds later, it's all loaded! No waiting. I guess I got sold an old one when I first bought it. It was on a discount, after all! Glad it all worked. A trivial matter if you're experienced with it, but I'm not. Everything, everything is near instant even though I only have whatdoyoucallems... an old motherboard, the one that only supports, let me see again... PCIe 3.0. Perhaps I'll want to replace it all one day, bit by bit. A bit of a Theseus shop over here. Already thinking about buying new DDR... My motherboard doesn't support DDR5, but if I buy new ones that'll still be much faster from what I can gather.

Oh, good news - I didn't actually delete *all* games, I still have New Vegas xD Still, I wanna redownload some stuff to see how it'll run. Also, I'll never (likely) ever have to delete games to free up space... I got 1.69 TBs free. TBs! I guess I'm in the future. Small joys, little things, beautiful little improvements, hehe.

It's been two or three weeks since I played any game 'on the regular'. Didn't even bother to play FO76 when there was a double XP event... I'll reinstall it when the new update (the raid update) comes - you'll likely have to redownload and reinstall the whole game anyway when it does. Kinda wanna reinstall RDR2 the most. Cause it's the most performance-intensive game I have... Well, maybe it's a tie with BG3... No, I'm pretty sure BG3 runs smoother on my PC. And I do wanna play BG3 as well... It's a shame I had to delete for this little upgrade project. When I'm back I'll wanna talk about my workout today and about my physical culture...

***

TODAY we might restart from the middle of our program - OHP session 9, even though last time had session 21. 4 sets of 8 with 70% - but this time we're taking a bigger max, cause we worked with a small max all this time. I'm glad about my OHP - it's been fairly consistent for almost four months now. Tweaks and little injuries did not stop me. Right now my back is pretty seriously tweaked, somewhat strained, deeply sore and partially fatigued. I've got a good feeling about my OHP today.

Having instant coffee, the good kind. The same brand I got my beans, same label but instant. Man, I'm glad finally getting out of this mess of the last two weeks... NGL it's kinda one of those 'life changing experiences', albeit a minor one. What exactly am I talking about? Well, that injury, that mental workout on Wednesday, and a lot of other, smaller background things.

Workout

Warmup - very thorough, behind the head and overhead holds and stretches, elbow outside rotations (L-fly stretches - weightlifting), hangs, lats and ribs streches

Overhead press

20

40 for 8

70 for 8 - I decided to try and unrack the bar from a low position AND from the other side... (I'm facing the wall rather than the car this time - like I do on DLs!) It's very, very interesting. Cause it was super easy for my right arm on this set, it was basically holding the bar while left arm had to move...

90 for 8 - unlike this set, cause on this one it was super hard for my right arm! We'll see soon...

90 for 1 and I had to pretty much drop the bar (I lowered it to the floor after overcoming an impulse to drop it). I had to drop it cause of my elbow tweak. Some time later - 4 more really ugly reps and I had to stop. They were ugly because of pain avoidance. (also, here I continental cleaned the bar back onto the racks - I think I didn't do the normal clean because of pain avoidance as well)

I was really hoping the era of crippling was over. It started at some point in August. But no, it continues. Per ripping, side pain lasting, elbow tweak, and now a back strain. Hmmmmm. Well, we overcame two of these symptoms, so there's something. I am not sure exactly how today will proceed...

70 for 8 but on elbow wraps... A little better

80 for 8 - a very nice set, but a really weird one. There's something really weird with my shoulder mobility. Specifically my ability to move the shoulder itself rather than the arm. I think it's somehow connected to overhead stretching and to some things I've done today. Not sure if I'll be able to figure it out, but here's hoping... I'm pretty sure I've done something super weird with that weightlifting-style L-fly stretching. Also I wore a longer wrap on my right and a lighter one on the left elbow. But this is not the cause...

90 for 8 alright. Lighter wraps on elbows (the ones I usually use for wristwraps). This was another weird set, but not a difficult one. The weight moved without problems. It most likely was weird cause I intentionally skewed the weight way too much to the right, meanwhile it's supposed to be like 1 or 2 centimeters (cause my bar has uneven knurling marks). Anyway, I had a teaspoon of humble pie, didn't like it - as I usually do, lamented myself but didn't give up all for a good reason.

20 - some front rack holds, press and some overhead holding - I think I can expect real improvements in my OHP and PP if all goes well... I hope. Pray for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR