Oct 24th - Pullups

 24.10.2024

Well, congratulate me - yesterday was the first Wednesday without any training, unless my memory betrays me. It doesn't upset me too much, because, ultimately, you should be able to subject your training days to your needs. It's just that I got so mentally attached to specific days of the week... It didn't use to be the case. I know I can change it.

My side is a little better, although still not free from pain. I have an idea that training my abs should help them - my sides - get stronger too. Of course, majority of normal ab training exercises are bad. Very few are good. Hanging leg raises and pullups are good. Crunches, curiously enough, are not the worst, in my opinion, but they're definitely leaning towards the 'less useful' side. Plank is not great because of how non-specific it is. Ab rollouts are nice because of how compound and challenging they are - very unusual. The point of abs is not to move your torso, but more to keep it from moving, capisce? It's a little weird and I'm not describing it best right now. Oh well!

Workout

Warmup - one arm expanded pulls, 2 sets of roughly 20 reps

Rings - floor supported supine pullups

1 sets of 20 - nice

A lot of seated thigh-squeezes of the butterfly spring-thingy cause my hips feels strangely stiff

1 set of 20 - hard, I think I'm doing them really strictly, real long range. I hung the rings low, so that I can squat in the bottom position with arms more vertical and I have a stiff supine-leaning body on the top position. That really blasted my arms, by rep 15 they started burning but I reminded myself that in this exercise the lats do most of the work - arms can be like straps, they don't have to bend, so I forced through to 20 and that was hard.

And that was sort of supposed to be a prelude for pullups... I was pretty good at pullups this summer, wasn't I? But now I'm super pumped and aching already, after two medium-heavy sets, hehe.

You know, I forgot to do my tricep work last OHP session! Could do some today...

I do wanna activate my Dl muscles somehow. We'll work on that too...

Underhand pullups

2 sets of 8 - nice, nothing too problematic, although I was wary of my forearms and made sure to loosen my grip on the right hand, so that it can rotate a bit more. Two sets felt like enough...

Expander pulls, one arm - 2 sets of 15+ - feels nice, but the insane pump was gone at this point. I wonder if it's all the fish I ate.

Neck curls - 2 sets of 30 reps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR