Oct 26 - OHP, problems, theories, rehab/prehab
26.10.2024
OHP session 16 - 75% for 5, 80% for 2 sets of 3, 87,5% for 3 sets of 1... Might be a long one!
90 - 95/98 - 105 - I should be able to do all of them rather strictly. I've had decent sleep and above average nutrition (about 8/10 on 'required nutrients' scale, subjectively speaking).
Regarding sleep - I've been noticing how it's hard to sleep during certain parts of the day... It's much easier to sleep when the earth is cooling down, I speculate. It's not just about light! I've had low energy yesterday, but I had a really nice 'activity' doing squat and all-around leg stretches. Not a workout, just a tiny activity.
I have a lot of stuff I should try to care of, but I'm not bothered. I'll do them eventually, one way or another. It's better to have this approach than to lose your mind going in circles. I'm relaxed in more ways that one. Slow ride, taking it easy. Could try to speed up this tractor, but I'll probably need to use the gas for more things.
Ever since that recent gripper workout my wrists have been really tight. To think that it only takes a few sets to much such a noticeable change.
Workout
Warmup - some, not very much
Overhead press
20 and 50
50 for 5 trying to force my wrists to stay proper
70 for 5 wrists super tight
Curious idea - what if my wrists are this stuff cause they haven't been getting stretched during deadlift? I'll try doing some hangs.
90 for 5
95 for 3
98 for 3
105 for 3 sets of 1 - decent, especially third, although still subpar.
I have my suspicions regarding punching, all that heavy bag work I was doing. I'm opposed to doing a lot of armwrestling cause it'll hinder my pressing ability, same thing might go for punching if I'm able to conclude it's connected. Also, it might be all of these things together - absence of normal training (deadlift), added grip work, punching. As well as subpar recovery, low appetite. It's a circle - have good workouts - bad recovery - bad workouts - focus on recovery - good recovery - good workouts. How silly.
My side has gotten way better but it gets numb and hurts when I lie down, especially aggravated when I'm on my side. I have an idea for dealing with it, bit by bit - I'll just do some work, static and short range moves.
Stiff legged deadlift (very short range, so it's basically just lockouts) / shrugs
50 - 3 sets of 30 / 20
Partial squat
50 for 3 sets of 20
I'm super stiff, every part of me. Not the funny part, sadly. No, I'm stiff and really dehydrated. It's the same exact issue I had. Poor diet, too much caffeine, prolonged workouts. I will deal with this. Monday will be a little different... And I think we'll have OHP on Wednesday next time. A super rare combo! But a powerful one, I'd expect.
Coffee... It's got more psychological value. The taste, the feeling... It really contributed to dehydration.
Food - I gotta get back to decent regular carb intake. Rice, buckwheat, pasta occasionally. Oats - not a bad choice, perhaps. And of course meat and veggies, even though I wish that's the only thing I had to eat. Hamburgers... Funny how I haven't had a proper meal in a over a week I think? And no milk drinking? Milk drinking can really save you, you know. Mineral water... Gotta get my hands on it too.
Tricep extension - medium light rubber band for 3 sets of around 50, some small pumping
Hangs with wrist hooks - not counting the one I've done in between OHPs - 6 sets, varying duration. Right arm gets pretty strained, right lat got pumped
Wrist stretching - pressing against the wall - painful at first, but quickly got better.
Wall pushups - 2 sets, wrist and palm stretching against the wall and floor, another set of plank using dumbbells as handles.
Comments
Post a Comment