October 16th
16.10.2024
Nice day. Woke up without pain, but it came back soon. Not very strong, but persistent. Had a really nice conventional brew. I was glossolaliac by the time I finished it. That means it affected me nicely, didn't make me lost my shit and didn't send me into a fit of shaking neuroticism. My sense of humor is oversensitive and my language center is overstimulated.
Workout
Deadlift
I pledged to avoid heavy lifts, but that sort of means I can lift sub 200. Which, I admit, isn't necessarily smart.
20 for 10
70 for 10
123 for 10 garage is cold now, my throat is feeling raw after it even though I breathe through my nose.
163 for 10 - nice set, not very bad. My side hurts, the pain is 4/10 I guess, but very persistent. Not a big deal. I was thinking of doing 190 fro 3 sets of 5, but this warmup - which, admittedly, is pretty excessive - is nice enough for me to satisfy my desires of lifting while, hopefully, not overstraining myself. Perhaps I should sleep on my bed facing a different side. Maybe that'll help with this pain.
By the way, all deadlift today was strictly overhand, which makes the last set a default PR xD I think there's a small chance I've never done 160 for 10 overhand. Grip PR, but enough to make me very happy. My forearms are pumped. First five reps were kinda sloppy, on fingertips, but then I realized it was wrong and chalked up a bit better, including my thumbs, and made sure to hold my fingers with my thumb from outside. That helped, the final 5 reps were good. Why do I have to be injured? I've got so much lifting appetite right now. Then again, maybe I wouldn't have had this inspiration if I wasn't injured. This muscle of mine is telling me to chill. I might have to forego ALL exercises that trigger it. That'd be pretty lame, but it's nothing new for me. Another hole I've fallen in accidentally and I'll climb out of it with God's help.
Alright. Now I'm not really sure what I'd like to do. I think I'll stick to some exercising upstairs.
Rings - some pulls and stretches. Some leg raises. Curious prehab work - hanging on the rings, sitting on the floor, doing 'scapular pullups' (just the shoulder down, not arms) with uneven arms, both left and right. Feels surprisingly nice!
Superset - scapular pullups / leaning back and forth while sitting down, trying to send more blood to my stomach and back area (it sort of hurts a lot, how unpleasant) - one set of about 30/50, then a break as I made tea and took a pain pill, second set 50/25, third set - 50 scapular pulls, 10 powerlifting-type squats. It hurts incessantly. I'm upset that I can't deadlift or squat without pain and risk of aggravating this... I don't know what I'll do. But I will be able to overcome my mental stereotypes and I'll find something decent to do in these remaining days of October. It's more than a half of October behind us and the injury is not healed. I must have been doing something wrong - that's a possibility. Such as doing squats and deadlifts, ffs... The whole point was to stop doing them to stop the injury. OHP doesn't hurt but there's a chance it might be a contributor... Unlikely.
Comments
Post a Comment