Sep 29th - Curls, side bends and side twists for prehab/assistance

 29.09.2024

Kind of a nice day. Sleep below average, nutrition above average. Very "distracted", kind of. I wanna have a light workout today, with some prehab work. My side is feeling better.

Workout

Curls, side twists, side bends in different variations - 3 sets with a pair of 2 kg dbs

There are so many varieties of cool weird exercises you can do for your sides. They need training. Monolateral and bilateral. Moving the pair of dumbbells to the side. Kind of like that exercise for martial artists when they slam the ball into the wall while standing sideways to the wall.

6 kg dbs - same - curls, side bend variations, side twists - 2 sets.

It was honestly hilarious looking, especially one variation I came up with - arms in a cross position (fly), and doing side/hid bends while maintaining arms parallel to the ground. Overall really difficult dance move! He he. Arms cramping. I've been thinking of buying potassium and magnesium in powder form so I can have my own gatorade easily. Also I purchased groceries, so I had some bit of extra to eat. Finally bought onions, after overincludign them in the book. Hmm. I'm not very stable, but I am so much more stable than I used to be. Accomplished. Checkmark done, put it there, in my mind, done something important the best way I could. Side twists, on the other hand, make me look pretty wide and epic. Boxers need these muscles very, very much!

12 kg dbs (one db and one pair of 6s) - 2 set. They take pretty long time, cause I do way more than ten reps in each movement. With this one I started with side bends a-la one arm DL, then remembered about curls, then some side twists. Cool exercises, honestly. In the end of the second set I had to switch back to just a pair of 6s for the twists - arms seriously pumped, especially since I made sure to count and do 20 reps in curls.

Seated curls, left arm (almost immediately after previous set) - 6+6 kg dbs for 15. You know, I may wanna do a lot more light-weight-for-high-reps kind of stuff. Not necessarily bodybuilding, but the stuff that makes lactic acid, you know? Cause back in the day, even when we got serious about heavy weights, that was still a great amount of our training. And now we - meaning me, of course - we've grown wayy to lazy about it. Lazier that majority of bodybuilders - at least in regards to volume. I'm not lazy to not stack plates on my bar at least, he he.

Went downstairs to get some much desired liquids and measured myself. My right arm is 44 cms and left is barely that - and that's with some pump. Chest 128. So, I'm kinda small. Unpleasant surprise, a bit of a wakeup call - especially in terms of nutrition! I gotta get on it.

Curls, both hands - 27 kg ez bar 2 sets of 30 - just like when I was 13, except significantly less heaving... and forearm mobility, he he.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR