August 2nd and 4th (but actually 3rd and 5th)
01.08.2024
I've been pretty severely whacked today, about 8/10 whacked, hehe. My legs were hurting from squat yesterday before DL, and now my ass hurts, and muscles under and behind hamstrings. And all of the back and rear delts.
Today I've been busy doing some menial stuff. I've been learning to quantify and hyperfocus on pleasant things. Doesn't feel completely right, but it does allow me to enjoy those small things more.
Had a couple rotten porkchops for breakfast, but I cooked them well so I didn't feel any rot. Lucky? We shall see. The meat only started to spoil, so maybe not rotten.
Been writing Marco. There's epic stuff. Brain chemistry possibly returning. Good stuff. Like a year and a month ago.
Now it's past midnight again. Late after doing even more stuff. Had a couple cups of instant coffee. Smooth caffeine high. More of a hum than a buzz.
Workout
Warmup - not very long, mostly upper body. Left shoulder feeling a little stiff and impinged. Hard to go full 180 in the top portion of OHP.
We're keeping it light, just going for 4 sets of 6.
Overhead press
20 for 10
50 - 2 sets of 10
70 for 10
83 for 6
85,5 for 8
88 for 8 - kinda hard, after a short break. But I remembered how to unrack properly.
88 for 8 nice enough
One arm press 11 kg dumbbell for 40 reps each hand - just feeling it
04.08.2024
Ended up busy yesterday and did not work out. Time's been splitting itself. All too busy. I walked a lot, and very forcefully so - my legs were insanely stiff when I came home, all those small muscles inside hurting a lot, spasming. I'm getting back into shape. I think I might be forced to go down south again for a short break cause I ain't got almost none of my pay. Dance with the devil you get an STD, you know what they say. The devil being the government, and the std being the lack of money cause they just don't care, mindless drones who can only tell you everything is alright on their side. Meanwhile I got no fricking money. Well, I was told by a somewhat trusty source to go there and deal with them, also I gotta wait until 10th. If all fails I'll be forced to request help from a higher instance. It's all a test, from God or otherwise.
A great thing, by the way - last night, i.e. this early morning I struggled a lot as I tried to fix New Vegas crashign all the time and I think I succeded. First, you needed to install FNV in a folder outside of Program Files, and you had to do it with a sketchy steam_library_setup_tool-3.2.exe But it did its job fairly alright. The speed was fluctuating, but it usually took less than 40 minutes to reinstall it, which I think I ended up doing two and a half times. Well, let me just tell what guide I followed - https://vivanewvegas.moddinglinked.com/mo2.html and it's all there, or at least somewhere. I had to install "VC AIO" (vc redistributables all in one) - libraries from all the years back, lamenting the dirtening up of my drive with stuff I won't need in the future. Then I could install Mod Organizer.
Another small tidbit - I had to use a downgraded version of the launcher cause I got a Russian version so I can use NVSE. Only the launcher, not the main EXE file! It's there somewhere in the steam workshop, or in yandex disks. "Исправитель для NVSE".
I dread to imagine how difficult it'll be to play these old games ten years in the future. Nothing crashed like this on my old laptop! But yeah, last night I ended up having the longest uninterrupted FNV session this season (2024). Finished Cass's quest and had to let her go, cause you lose so much carma by stealing (in JSawyer rebalance mod) she just leaves you, even though there's the usual dilemma of not actually stealing but instead looting the dead people's items in NCRCF. She and I stormed the main building, but I was forced to restrict myself to only taking the skill book from all the stuff in there.
Anyway, I had one moka today and one cup of expensive instant black label Bushido coffee. I almost ran out of the old coffee beans I had in March,
My attitude is so different now. I'm not afraid of grief and despair. Afraid to become a human zombie. That can happen.
Workout
Warmup - somewhat thorough, shoulder mobility for squat and lower body
Squat
20 for 10
50 for 10
100 for 10
Here, I sort of switched from powerlifting style squat back to weightlifting style. The difference is noticeable. I'm still thinking about a lot of stuff.
120,3 for 6
150,3 for 4
152,8 for 4
155,3 for 4
157,8 for 4 finally put on wraps underknee
163 for 4
163 for 4 nice
The Temple of Fame: A Vision is an eighteenth-century poem by Alexander Pope, directly inspired by Geoffrey Chaucer's fourteenth-century poem The House of Fame (Hous of Fame in the original spelling). First published in 1715, the poem comprises 524 lines which, like Chaucer's original version, take the form of a dream vision. The poem's precise date of composition is ambiguous, but Pope asserted that it was composed in 1711 even though its initial publication was implied by a letter from Pope to Martha Blount, written in 1714, in which he referred to the poem as ‘just out.’ Eventually the work was classified by the poet himself as a ‘juvenile poem’ among his earlier translations and imitations.

Comments
Post a Comment