Jult 29th - Squats and FNV

 29.07.2024

Nice day. An even day, for once! Woke up a little later than normal. Played a lot of FNV yesterday, once again! Yes, I finally got into JSawyer. Already cheesed Chance's grave by hiding on the rocks with the recharger rifle. One small cazador managed to get to me, and another one ambushed me, so I quickly swung at it with the fire axes that I think JSawyer added in accordance with the comic. Did Ghost Town gunfight. I've done NCRCF quests on my last playthrough, so I decided it's okay if I skip them this time. Almost fooled the guard, but it ended up being a huge gunfight with me hiding behind the rocks and cutting down everyone who turned the corner. In real life something like this would have been a huge stalemate, but they have to keep rushing! Hehe. I'm playing on Normal, which is supposed to be JSawyer's intent? Reasonable enough, I guess, cause you die quickly anyway. I'm playing as Henry, cause I figured I sort of based Henry - from Marco - on my Courier. And Marco is an inadvertent accidental nod to one of the characters in NWB. I should really post the rest of the story, but I'm so ashamed, even if no one will read it. Actually, I am very close to posting the rest! Well, the rest of Part I, lol. Currently Part IV is halfway done. A lot of filler is there, I admit, things that felt good to write/play with rather than to read. So, I guess I will post it after all! Soon...

Workout

Warmup - pretty thorough

Squat

20 for 10

50 for 10

100 for 8

120 for 8

140 for 8 wraps underknee from here

140 for 8

140 for 8

Okay

I am still having doubts about loosening my standarts for squat, but now I realize that it was a psychological rebound from both having bad technique and being weak at squat. And now we're finding the safe middle ground. We've gotten used to the super strict max joint angle technique and now we're loosening it to make it more powerful. Cause weightlifters themselves rarely use this technique.

Overhead press

Warmup with 25 kg plate

50 for 20 technique a-la sugarcane with supermaximum range. It's my old bodybuilding style OHP. It's so very different from stiff pressing. The goal is to start from mid-chest, with the whole body arched, and then go to absolute 180 degrees of stiffness. That really bursts your shoulders, cause they're forced to move with your body straightening as well. So different from just using your arms. Seated guys won't understand, heheh.

55 for 20 lovely, sugarcane technique

Rubber lat pulls

2 set of 20 one arm, light rubber

1 sets of 20 right arm, hard rubber. I tore the green rubber! Now it's a long un-looped band. Fail!

1 sets of 20 left arm, same rubber

1 set of 15 each arm carefully

1 set of 20 with an old chest expander/spring expander with all 5 springs. It's way stretchier, but it's pretty hard at peak point, at least the way I adjusted it (by stepping away from the pullup bar where it's connected)

I really wanna play FNV...

***

Man, that game keeps and keeps on crashing. I think it's more than before. Still, I enjoyed playing. So much stuff I've been wanting to do since December 2021... Perhaps I'll keep you updated. Finally, something interesting on this blog! How I play FNV, hehe.

I'm sticking to all the lighter volume cause I'm recovering my energy. Perhaps this Wednesday - already tomorrow - I could go for something just slightly heavier...

RPotDs




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR