March 3rd - A very light barbell workout, OHP and squat

 03.03.2024

Nice day overall. Had lovely dreams. First I had weird DnD-style dreams about halfling barbarians etc, then they slowly morphed into kinda weird war dreams. They were kinda weird cause it all looked like a movie.

Workout

L-flys in many variations, some presses

Overhead press

20 for 20

50 for 5 sets of 8 - tissues feel good, mobility good too.

Leg warmup - pretty varied, thigh-squeezing pretzel helps a lot

Squat

50 for 8

70 for 8 - tissues aren't that great, particularly right hip. May wanna just soften the angles or something? I.e. squat higher for now?

90 for 2 sets of 5 - a tiny bit better, especially after doing various hinge and rotation moves on one leg (mostly right); also widening my stance just a bit.

90 for 12 - ended up going ATTG, and I think it's one of those things that helps my squat. When you don't go all the way down there's a lot more tension in the tissues.

OHP 20 for 10 for a finisher

A curious hang stretch: one arm on the pullup bar, and another is on the barbell, which is lower (usually kept on the high hooks). You can use the lower arm to adjust the angle. I believe it can be a good type of prehab/mobility development for OHP.

I gotta go ahead and do some cardio.

***

Walked, enjoyed myself, had pleasant thoughts that helped me align myself to be a bit more in order.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR