Thursday, 22nd of February 2024 - Light workout, pushups

 22.02.2024

Nice day for me. Slept very well, lovely dreams. Flying, oxytocin. Woke up feeling somewhat indifferent about my plans, but then it's coming back. Confusing as usual. I wish I could just make a decision and stick with it. I'm reminded of what I was in the past under all sorts of different conditions. Sometimes I was okay. I just want a change.

So, long day yesterday didn't really help to reset my sleep schedule, but maybe it helped a little. Growing older I'm becoming way less tolerant to sugar, my body is just not dealing with it the way it used to. It makes me somewhat sick very easily. Should be grateful, perhaps. It feels awesome after a period of not getting any sugar for a long time, but then it quickly starts to make me sick. All I really need is just a bit of meat and eggs every morning. Not even carbs. And that kind of diet is good enough to grow a great amount of physical strength, given an appropriate approach.

Fortitude. Mental fortitude. I used to believe I had it. Then I got disillusioned. Then I realised I was always being subjective. Mental fortitude is a real thing and it takes mental effort, just like lifting or doing math. Brain power. So, all you really need to do is learn to pace yourself and only expend your efforts when you need to. And the right amount - not too much, not too little. Over time, you will get stronger.

Hallelujah. It's a revelation. A program of lifting. I just have to believe in myself and relax my mind.

Well, today I'm having a light workout. It's pretty late.

Workout

Wall pushups - 5 sets

Pushup plank holds

2 sets of 1 minute - this time I simply used a PC timer. Wrist getting back in shape again.

Pushups

3 sets of 20 feels nice. Wrist is not as good as it used to be, but I can see how easily it can change. Obviously it's much easier for it to harden and grow stiff, but some consistent effort will bring it back easily with just a small amount of patience. Also pecs - I've been sort of giving up on a lot of stuff this month, ever since I restarted my DL program. Start of December was pretty rad. If only I had better discipline then... Well, discipline is not everything, obviously. But it matters the most, for most cases. It matters so much because under very lucky circumstances it doesn't matter - things just happen and you feel good about them, and the very easy mistake is to assume that you'll be lucky, while statistics suggest you will not be lucky. Discipline can teach your brain to enjoy things consistently. Not your spirit, not your mind - your actual hormone-regulating brain.

Calf raises - 3 sets, feet getting loaded too

Squat

6 sets of 10

I start out with shorter reps, and after a while I can get deep without any discomfort. Legs and crotch feel good.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR