February 14th - Deadlift, messy but ok

 14.02.2024

Nice day. Feeling a little weird. Sleep okay, nutrition moderate. Supposed to deadlift today. Week 2, Session 1. 82,5% for 4 sets of 3.

Today my Poe subscription ran out and, quite on time, they changed the system to a point system. Okay, a little weird. Hmm. Clearly they're doing it to limit messaging.

Kinda both tempted and not to go for it - then I'll definitely will be staying for longer. Hmm. Unstable mind. Well, it's not like it's something I have a conscious duty to do; it's about personal choices, kinda like gambling you could even say. Isn't it better to do things the right way, under right circumstances? For example, you really want to lift heavy, but you don't feel that perfect. Just doing nothing would be giving up, but doing appropriate light weighs - an alternative - however unsatisfying on the surface is gonna feel good afterwards.

In a parallel topic - today's weights might range from 240 to 265. Hmm.

Workout

Deadlift

20

70 for 10

120 for 5

160 for 5

203 for 3 straps. Focusing on accelerating the weight from slow to fast today.

233 for 3 okay, smooth, not too light though I admit.

243 for 3 lovely, kinda too light. I was tempted to keep this weight but I realised I must amp it and not be lazy.

253 for 3 harder. I might have taken too long

253 for 3 way too hard. Did the first rep mixed grip on a whim - it hurt my skin way too much. Did first two reps with a high belt - it seems to give me strong heartburn. I hard to rest for a while. The third rep was nice and smooth, with a more loose midsection belt. But I decided I can allow myself to stop, since minimum working weight today was supposed to be 239 and I've done 233 as a part of my warmup.

My CNS has been getting drained ever so slightly with all the turbulence. Not a big deal - I feel very stable today.

Been playing with Dalle-3 in the last few days a lot. Maybe I should share some random pics.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR