February 11-12 - Light squat and OHP
11.02.2024
Feel good, but kinda low on energy for a workout. I realised some things in my mind changed.
Workout
Squat
20
50 for 10 my hips are not enjoying it
50 for 10 more
70 for 2 sets of 10 - connective tissue a little better
20 for 10 okay
Maybe I'll do more tomorrow.
12.02.2024
Early this morning, before bed, I went on something like a three hour binger in NEO Scavenger. I realise it has a few similarities with my book; although mine is a bit of a multigenre, I shamefully admit. And I have not released anything except for the first few chapters. I'm refining. I ended up retconning a few bit I didn't like.
Well, all that playing somehow made me doubt myself a little. About "going" for the third time. Or maybe it's cause it's Monday I've envisioned going on Thursday, cause there's a train that day. Watching videos about the particular thing I'm thinking of doing - pardon the vagueness so far. Maybe I'll end up spilling the beans some time later at some point.
Week 8, Session 1 - 4 sets of 3 with 82,5% in OHP. I kinda wanna make it a little easier for me this week. So, just a hundred? Hmm. I know I'll be in good shape if I can do it well.
Man, it might happen. It's just that I'm always influenced by caffeine and stuff. It's putting me off a little. Then again, most mornings I've been waking up and having positive thoughts about that, so maybe it's not that bad.
What about squat? I don't see myself going heavy on it today or tomorrow. A little weird, I know; it's a time of mild turbulence.
Workout
Warmup - pretty thorough, kinda long, maybe even distractedly long. I'm waving all around with my stuff. But! There's a cool idea. I'm starting to feel like there are things that are worth risking getting injured over, you know? Cause I'm kind of really afraid of getting crippled, a lot more than I'm afraid of, you know, perishing. That's kinda weak. But I'm starting to feel like there are things worth the risk, you know?
Overhead press
20 for 20
50 for 10 and more weird moves - kinda cool
70 for 5
90 for 5 kinda easy
100 for 3 okay, smooth somewhat
100 for 3 much better, I used my breathing. Must remember my cues better.
I have to establish a solid mind palace. It might take time.
105 for 3 nice, powerful
110,5 for 3 lovely, feels great. In the depths of my consciousness I held a dialogue - a calm and confident voice and a mildly shaken superstitious one. Luck for me, even the second voice was sort of convinced I was gonna do it. It went well. It was smooth, but it require proper squeezing, tightening effort.
70 for 12
50 for 10
20 for 15
15 for 15
These final four were all a dropset, lovely pump in my shoulders. Feels amazing, not gonna lie. Feels good. Let's hope good things can happen outside of the gym too. It's kinda like a mental wave, up and down, back and forth. Pardon for being vague - now is not the time for confessiones.
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment