Jan 28-29, OHP

 28.01.2024

Sunday. Hard to say how I feel. Nutrition and sleep have been above average. Friday workout hit me pretty hard - but only CNS wise, my muscle didn't get too sore. I slept all Saturday and ended up not working out. My mind has been obsessed with the idea of running a DnD game online, with strangers or perhaps my friends from ESO. My first impulse thought is that I'd be subjecting them to torture if I were to influence them to participate in it, but I realise it's a little overexaggerated. I think it's permissible to write "overexaggerated" as one word, it feels right. Anyway, I want to hold a game with DnD5e rules - like in BG3 - but set in my setting, i.e. the slightly absurd version of real life. The one where (semi-post ironic) parodies of conspiracy theories are real. There's nothing unbelievable about the concept of conspiracy. They did it with the lightbulbs and now you have to pay to change them every year, even the expansive energy-saving ones. Cause it's the norm and no one wants to lose money. Capitalism (unbridled capitalism) is a good idea in theory. I'm struggling with living in hell, but that's just the result of doomscrolling, let's be real. Human nature is bad, yes. But human will, human willpower can be good and strong. Human mind can be strong and build and ethical future for the new human. The human that is not going to be a wolf to themselves; nor a demon in hell. Now we're all wolves to one another, demons in hell torturing each other. We drink each other's blood and prey on the weak; and then the bigger fish still eats the predators. But among that chaos human soul still shines through. Relentless ideals - there is no objective evident reason to believe them. Credo quia absurdum est. Relentless ideals.

***

I'm buzzing pretty heavily, and it is kinda late, but I think I can have a nice workout today. I have this idea which I believe might be quite possible - 4 workouts in 6 days that are between Wednesdays, two OHPs and two squats. I think it can work out nicely, at least with good pacing and an eventual break. So I've OHPd and squatted on Thu-Fri, rested on Saturday (could have a light session on "rest" days), and now I'm gonna do OHP and squat on Sun-Mon. Reasonable, provided we change the max to be a little lower. That way we have a pair of two day breaks between non-deadlift sessions and one three day break. Deadlift adds a layer of complexity, of course.

***

Workout

Overhead press

20 and 50

50 for 2 sets of 10

20 for a few more sets

It did not feel right to actually train today (go for a session in the program). Too many things were out of place. Let's hope it'll be better tomorrow and I have enough discipline to make it happen.

Curls

6 kg bds - 2 sets of 30 - both explosive and as strict as possible, forcefully extending the elbows to 180 degrees. Just trying new stuff for the sake of variety and belief that it's closer to more functional training. Bicep entered an easy-cramp state, now I have to be really careful. Hmm.

I exist in a hazy liminal world in my own head. It's got visions, images, memories. I feel like I'm dreaming awake.

Due to lacking flexibility in my right arm, my right bicep seems to be getting loaded way more. Curious, but not very new observation.

16 kg kettlebell, one arm curls - 1 sets of 15, varying techniques

29.01.2024

Okay, no falling back this time. 5 sets of 2 with 85%, Week 6 Session 2. Normally it's pretty easy - 110 kgs, cause it's sort of easier to go for lower reps, but it's important to maintain good power generation that way. More effort = easier lift, provided you have what what it takes. If you don't, then effort turns into strain as the movement and it's velocity break apart. It's an important concept somehow, it's all about learning to lift rather than just forcing yourself and straining all the way.

Workout

Warmup - pretty thorough, even some lower body moves, stick twisting for rotator cuffs - I love it, looks kinda like rowing with a double paddle

Overhead press

20 for 20

40 for 15

70

90 for 3

110 for 2 nice, decided not to take too long, so I did the next set after making tea

110 for 2 nice, a little unbalanced for the right arm. Also a short break here

110 for 2 lovely. Here - a longer break

110 for 2 okay, nice. Short break here

110 for 2 lovely, I was a bit off mentally, but I knew I could do it in the end, even with a slowed down pressout.

Pondering about squat. Should I do it?

Squat - Week 4, Session 1. 80% for 4 sets of 4. Hmm. 185-192 kgs. Could? Definitely. Last time I've done two exercises in one day it turned out pretty difficult though. Hmmm.

Squat

70, a couple sets with 100 (2 and 1 reps)

100 for 10

I had to stop because I was worried for my connective tissues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR