January 26th, Friday - Nice squat, overcoming superstition
26.01.2024
Week 3, Session 2 Squat - 4 sets of 5 with 77,5%. 180-185 kgs
Workout
Warmup - some
Squat
20 for 10
50 for 5
100 for 5
143 for 5 I don't like how my joints feel. But I might be warming up too quickly.
183 for 3 and then superstition overwhelmed me. All three reps were easy. I just thought about adjusting technique on the fly and got confused in the squat. I had a traitorous thought - after my initial confusion - that I should just drop it, and I sat there, in the hole, wrestling with that idea, still confused; I wanted to try and get up even from this rounded back position, but something - my instincts, or my gut feeling I presume - suggested that I should drop it, so I did. A little displeased, but Thank God I know it's just a matter of confusion rather than weakness. So, I deadlifted it into the lower racks and then unplated it down to 50, put on squat racks and put the plates back on. Now I need to let my warmth arrive.
183 for 5 - nice. I'm not fiddling much with my wrists and elbows; here I was not intentionally trying to keep them close to my torso. I should really be filming it. But I guess I'm goign through a period of not doing it. It's okay. That was a good set. A little better warmed up. Slow initial descent, bounce and squat up. It was sort of easy even. Wraps underknee on working sets (first set too).
183 for 5 - nice, although I humpbacked the last rep a little
183 for 5 lovely, the best set

Comments
Post a Comment