January 2024, 16-17, Tue and Wed - Light workout and Deadlift 4 sets of 4 with 253 kgs
16.01.2024
Light day - a general warmup, a lot of flys
Rubber lat pulldowns - 2 sets, light, many reps
Lower body moves (hinge variations) - some, not overdoing
Squats - 2 sets of 10
Horseman stance, by the wall - 3 sets, each one minute long - this time I measured it with a clock, since I realised my counting can go super fast if unchecked. I've been trying to keep it at 90 degree angles - knees, hips and torso, so it's as hard as it can be. On third set I tried fully pronouncing the numbers and it turned out to be almost exactly two numbers per second, very close. So counting to around 127 was a minute. Enjoying the warm feeling in the tendons above my kneecaps.
17.01.2024
Week 7, Session 2 - 5 sets of 4 with 80% - obviously it's not exactly Week 7, since I do one DL session per week and I've soft-restarted the middle microcycle last week
Deadlift
20 - 70 - 163 - 203 for 5
233 for 5
253 for 4 - I must note I first failed the 4th rep, but they all were very light and casual (not warmed up yet), so I didn't bother and did a second 4th rep - it turned out fine
253 for 4 - similar situation, two okay reps, difficult third rep, I took a break and did an okay 4th
253 for 4 - a little better, this time I did all 4 reps consequentially, although the 4th one was hard. I put the belt up higher, so it was a bit of a humpback technique.
253 for 4 - again, done a-la 3+1. But this time the velocity and acceleration were very good, at least on first three. I, quite randomly, decided to put the belt one hole tighter, going back to midsection.
It is so much smoother when the bar is on the midsection. I actually use my legs and get the bar easily off the floor. But high belt still remains an option - for altering angles and muscle usage.
I have done 4 sets of 4. They were just a step ahead too difficult. Hmm. Maybe today was
Week 4, Session 1 - 4 sets of 4 with 80%. Maybe I'm resetting the program even more.
Also, technically the whole workout took place (time, lol) on 18th - 17th but after midnight. It happens.
Commendation to me for avoiding mental irritation which seems to be correlated to DL days. And it was encroaching, believe me! Death metal did not help - but it did help with the DL mental groove.
RPotD - beautiful waterfall in Vakhushti, Georgia

Comments
Post a Comment