January 13-14, Sat-Sun, 2024 - Light workout and Squat 4 sets of 3

 13.01.2023

Kinda nice day. Quiet, peaceful. A little chilly. Suprisingly, the heater was warm. I guess it's only gotten chilly after sunset. Haven't gone to do number two in more than two days now, a little worried about it, but feeling okay otherwise. Well, my knee instability is something to be concerned with, but it's an issue I've sort of been able to deal with before. So, just a bit of rest for the knee specifically, and need to pace my efforts. In that case, what shall we do today?

I felt a little too sensitive to caffeine when I woke up today. I wanted to have some of that random instant coffee we got, but it's been finished. No matter - it's more about the form. I made a conventional 20g/x10 brew and put it in a large cup with some sugar *sic!* I don't always have sugar, that's why. Well, not pure sugar. An uncovered hypocrisy. My brain is buzzing pleasantly now that I'm about 80% done with the cup. I feel good. Nostalgic. Living. Imagery, places, landscapes. In my mind. Memories. Honestly, feels very good. I feel warm and calm in my head. I've been missing in the last two months. January is going better than I anticipated.

Enjoyed playing BG3 last night. Suffering from a bug which makes some characters not show up, that's unfortunate.

Workout

Warmup - very thorough and all around - upper body moves, all sorts of flys, even some horseman stance by the wall, calf raises (including later)

Curls

2 kg dbs, 2 sets with 6 kg dbs for 15

16 kg kettlebell, one arm - 3 sets of 15, drag curls. A little easier than last time. I wonder why my right arm gets so much more pumped. Drag curls are really underrated.

Wall pushups - 2 sets, very light, just making my pecs work

Pushups with a plank, counting to 120 (not seconds)

3 sets of 10 - just reworking my joints and tissue again. Pretty difficult.

Horseman stance - 3 more sets, counting to 120 (not seconds). Easier when I'm not against the wall (first set).

14.01.2023

I had a pretty great day yesterday. I really enjoyed tunneling into various things with my mind. I'm visiting other worlds while I stay here, standing in the same spot. Also, I think I played BG3 a lot yesterday. Actually, I think I only played a little, but somehow it feels like it was a lot. I'm at a point where I'm about to run out of enemies before I'm forced to progress in the game and cut off a region from being visitable. And there's so much stuff I'd like to try. They better release some nice expansions for the game that expand upon the actual base game. Like, I was absolutely confident there was going to be Upper City, but it's not in the game and what we got in one of the final missions doesn't count, it's just a stage. It was implied there was gonna be a whole half of a city to explore.

Not sure what I'd like to do today. I somehow could not fall asleep for the longest time. I have a few ideas as to why it might have happened. Been suffering from very random and sharp stomach pain. Had to take omeprazole. Slept for just a few hours before I had to get up and do my stuff.

I think I want to try squatting today after all. It's been eight days. I had loose knees. I haven't been having a lot to complain about yesterday, so maybe that's something to inspire hope in me.

Also, I played FO76 again after a long time. I feel like if I can get back into playing it it can be a transformative experience. It's a game with great atmosphere and worldbuilding. It makes me feel like there's meaning in life. It's not one of the most inspiring games out there, but I still find something about it. It connected personally to me, to parts of me that I suspect are still buried. Memories. Something meaningful. Because I played it earlier, in times when I was a different person. This game sort of overlooked my transition from what I was in 2020-2021 to what I am now. Ah. Two great years. Strange time too. I wasn't quite happy in the moment, not always. I had high highs and very deep lows. They were so deep and sharp I bounced out from the bottom. The wave has been getting smoothed, bit by bit. Ans pushed down. I gotta get back to high highs.

Squat Week 2, Session 2 - 4 sets of 3 with 82,5%. Hmm. We'll see what we can do.

Workout

Warmup - kinda thorough, a lot of small muscle moves

Squat

20 for 10

50 for 10

100 for 5

153 for 8 kinda been into doing a bit more reps for the warmup

173 for 3 a little awkward, after a short break, no wraps - awkward most cause I widened the stance a little, but I didn't benefit too much from the sideways pressure. Outer thighs sort of failed to maintain the out-turned position a little. Also it was all pre-warmup, not feeling much at all except in my head.

173 for 3 put on wraps underknee - a little easier, but I can't really figure out my angles

173 for 3 way better - just up and down, not bothering my mind with weight shifting etc

173 for 3 really nice

100 for 10 very easy, just for a cooldown



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR