January 5-6, Light and Squat, Fri-Sat

 05.01.2024

Light workout. All around warmup, some horseman stance, wall pushups, hand walks from a standing position into a pushup plank (4 sets overall).

Floor-supported ring pullups - 3 sets of 10 keeping it very easy for lats, using my legs a lot.

Those hand walks can be complexified to make for a very difficult exercise. Enjoying them. Doing them in superset with ring pullups. Shoulders and triceps are getting pumped, lats a little bit too. Proud of being able to finish early.

06.01.2024

Kind of a nice day. Sleep and nutrition slightly above average. Coughing.

Workout

Warmup - almost none

Squat

20 for 10

50 for 10

100 for 5 satisfied with technique today

153 for 5 not great, but sort of casual. I.e. body isn't automatically generating enough effort to lift this weight easily. I.e. not warmed up. Well, it is also literally cold. Thank God the air is somewhat clean.

153 for 5 nice, not perfect but a little better. Put on wraps underknee.

153 for 5 very easy

153 for 5 about the same

153 for 5 same, albeit getting to be a little more uneven. Very easy movement.

Last night I spent quite a bit of time in a full squat pose, small plates under heels. I was too bored to lie down and it was getting a little uncomfortbale to stand up. So I settle for doing this from time to time. I'm glad it didn't affect my today's squat in any noticeable negative manner. It was all smooth. The weight, I admit, was kind of too light for me today. I've reaccumulated some of my energy and I'm looking forward to next Thursday when I shall squat again. I might do it light though, it depends. There's also a small chance I might consider moving Thursday to Friday - if my Wednesday will be a good one. I still remember the very basic principle I discovered - all my sessions are basically alternating squat and OHP with the exception of DL on Wednesdays and "light" days.

So, I did some more deep squat stretching. Starts to feel weird at some point. And blood rushes to your frontal lobes when you stand up. Curious.

Coal Miner's Honor Garden, Dedicated July 6th, 2013, at the Black Diamond History Museum (located in a town of Black Diamond (close to Tacoma, Washington (USA)))



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR