Wednesday, January 3rd 2024 - Okay deadlift, some actual grip work
03.01.2024
Sort of a nice day, I guess. Sleep was a little awkward. I felt more comfortable in bed than I did in a while, my nose wasn't troubled, but at some point it was very cold once again, so it disturbed and broke my sleep. I woke up late again. Mood was nice. Nutrition was low, but I wasn't hungry. Went and brewed one nice moka. I've been sort of low on caffeine lately, so it's feeling nice. Had a few semi-decent nutritious enough bit of food, such as potato and sald and some other snacks. Took a dump - it's a good sign when coffee makes you do it, I think that means you're less likely to be irritated. Now I'm having a second moka. Gonna start my workout somewhat soon.
Alright, it's about time. Today we're lifting big, more or less. I want new music. Maybe something really new.
I think I wanna try getting to 270 for 2 and 288 for 3 sets of 2. And maybe a heavier single. Possible? I don't know. We'll see.
Workout
Warmup - dressing up
Deadlift
20 - 70 - 120
Remembering the old "Air, acceleration, power" cue. Very helpful, must not forget. Also wiping down the plates, charging the player and the shaver, washing my face.
160 for 3 good
200 for 3 overhand. Felt good, althought I did take breaks. I took my liquid chalk and made sure to spread it around so it dries quickly. It felt good to lift. All reps were rather confident.
230 for 2 okay, nice
250 for 2 okay, tightened the belt - midsection, three holes (it's rather loose still)
270 for 1 rep and one fail - got it off the floor only. It's not a big deal. We can continue from here. After all, we were sort of "aiming for the stars" in our initial estimation. But I do feel very good today. That was mixed grip. Second rep my left trap was sort of out of place (rotated arm). Maybe that was the issue.
270 for 1 rep and one fail - same. I'm not exactly "in the groove" today, but I think I will continue with this weight. I feel like I'm just not exerting myself quite right. Also, there are some technical fixes I might want to oversee.
270 for 1 same. First rep was really good, I fixed the technique, it was smooth. Maybe the mistake was taking a break for the second rep. I felt my body relaxing as if I've already done what I needed to do. No matter. I know this weight is heavy. I shall do one more so I can rack the bar.
270 for 1 - very nice, and I racked the bar. Nice workout overall. I couldn't really expect to go back to high performance I had at the start of December. The month was a little janky, but good in the end.
***
Also, I did some grip work. Vulcan with chrome spring, parallel reps (a little wider). Got up to fairly easy 4-4 for three reps on right, but only up to 3-3 on left. Squeezed 92 kg on the dynamometer right, 80 left. Not bad, it's the same as it was, something to be happy about. I think I've gotten up to 96, but I'm not completely sure.
Writing Marco again. I really wanna share the rest of the adventure (not really a book, but it is something). It gives me something I've been missing very, very much. I wrote about it a lot in July, I think.

Comments
Post a Comment