Tuesday, 26th of December - Lightened bench
26.12.2023
Nice day. Slept little but well. Went and worked, it was decent today, performance-wise. Actually, it was better than before. But there were no high standarts, since it's the new year week. Went home, snacked a little, slept a little. I could have stayed sleeping at 6 PM, but I htink if I did it would have been my body thinking it's already nighttime, so I got up. Had two conventional brews. And also, I had a caffeine pill in the morning. It wasn't very strong. Now I've just finished my second little pot. It's nice, 65/100 taste and effect wise. I'm going to do bench press. So much pressing in just a few days, eh? Well, the intensity is going to be lowered, but the frequency will lead to even more energy accumulation. And it's been a week and one day. A little too long, but understandable since we're shifting priorities to OHP again.
We did sets of 5 last time. I'm lax with the bench programming. I think we can do a good enough volume with sets of 3. Working from 135 to 140. It will be very easy, RPE 5 to put it in RPE terms which are rather silly, but they do have some surface-level merit. For a long time I assumed RPE wasn't as dumb as it turned out to be. So, I guess I'm appropriating this term and just changing to very rough "perceived intensity/effort". So, 5 is just 5, as in almost very easy. Hmm. My brain has gotta be in a bit of less precise state. Dumb, in other words. But it's only temporary. Caffeine is contributing, in a way.
Workout
Warmup - minimal
Bench
20 for 20
50 for 10
100 for 10 nice how I can do it so readily today
120 for 5 easy but unevern grip
130 for 3 medium grip
133 for 3
133,5 for 3 sharp sting on the lower ridge of upper right pec on the second rep. Wretched exercise. I'll have to get good at it. It's fighting back. Anyways, I'm done.
Comments
Post a Comment