December 25th, Monday - OHP again, better, reaccumulating

 25.12.2023

Honestly, a lovely day. Didn't sleep much, but I got enough. Went somewhere, ate plentifully, worked. Throat a little sore still. Was feeling a little sleepy, but it just went away. Feeling good in general. Hoping to do some nice OHPs. Not the toughest ones, perhaps, but I expect to see good velocity and effort. Yes, I feel like it's a smart enough choice to go with today.

Week 2, Session 2 - 82,5% for 4 sets of 3. Another little collision, hehe. So, we'll just be working in roughly the same weight range again, but just a little higher, 100 to 105. The goal is to keep the technique as consistent as possible.

Had only one conventional brew today. It felt enough.

Workout

Warmup - some

Overhead press

20 for 10

50 for 5

70 for 5

90 for 3

100 for 3 - good. Half-casual, half concentrated, but it was easy.

103 for 3

105,5 for 3

105,5 for 3 alright, good, smooth. Didn't skew to the right, that's progress

90 - 70 - 50 - 20 for 2 reps as I unloaded the bar - repeating the correct movement, rack and all. Pressing from the base of my neck, almost right on top of my clavicles. That's the technical tidbit of the day. Very thankful for my current mobility level.

One arm kettlebell press, bottoms up grip

16 kg for 3 sets of 10 - I have gotten better at it.

***

Mitten Squad died a few days ago. God rest his soul! What was his name... Paul? That's right. Well, rest in peace, Paul. He made us happy with his work.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR