December 21-22, Thu-Fri - Light session and lightened OHP, feels good

 21.12.2023

Caffeine pills in the early morning allowed me to change to daytime, but now I'm having some really strong energy dips during the day and lowered energy in general. Let's hope we can shift away from using them.

Workout

Rubber lat pulls

2 sets of 15 light

2 sets of 15 folded

Rubber high curls, one arm

3 sets of 15 - feels nice

Squat

3 sets of 15 - feels more and more refreshing with every rep.

Some calf raises in between sets - feels good

Yesterday's deadlift was really nice. I'm a bit out of shape, so the muscle got lactic. Not so good. It didn't used to be the case for a long time.

Diet has been subpar. Low appetite. Cooked up some porkchops, they feel way too fat right now. Really want something sugary, but it all ran out. Settled for a slice of lemon in my tea.

22.12.2023

Weird day. Nice overall. Woke up early again. Had semi-nasty scrambled eggs I made. Haven't had them in a while, so I ended up making them a little weird.

The way I feel today isn't new. I am pretty sure I have lowered energy in general. Hmm. I simply need better food and better sleep.

Workout

Warmup - minimal, some light db moves

Overhead press from rack

20 for 10

50 for 5

70 for 5

90 for 5

105 for 2 it felt easy, but I got too awkward, didn't feel the groove.

I've fallen into another basic ego trap. Minimax doctrine to the rescue! I know my max today is not 135. If I struggled hard, I could do 120. So, we will go down to a lighter weight and actually do some reaccumulation. Last OHp workout was bad for that exact reason. Today we must give just enough stimulation without pushing boundaries at all. (but actually, it is pushing boundaries - for getting into shape, i.e. for my cellular energy reserves)

95 for 5 very good, not really inhaling

95 for 5 better breathing and tempo

95 for 5 nice and pretty easy. Just what I've been needing and maybe not realising.

95 for 5 very good, although the bar started to feel uneven

95 for 5 good, but last rep got really skewed. It's good that almost all reps were even and balanced today.

50 for 5

20 for 6 feels great to finish like that.

I've grown way leaner after all the lack of sleep and caffeine abuse (joke). I don't think there's necessarily a causation, but a bit of a correlation. I do have a rather high metabolism. Well, something fun - I saw myself in the mirror and flexed my biced. It looked small, but surprisingly good. It perplexed me, so I went to measure it downstairs, cold muscle. It's less than 44 cms but looks very nice and pronounced. So do my abs (mostly obliques of course). I'm not your "average lean" of course. Average lean people don't have muscle that makes them look fat - and muscle mass does make people look fat, believe it or not. It's all too subtle for someone who doesn't know the difference.

A view along Hobson's avenue



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR