Sunday, December 17th - Squat after a break
17.12.2023
Very nice day, again. Ah, the circle we've come. I've been calling mediocre days nice days and now I have to call a nice day a very nice day. For the first time in a while I feel well rested and decently fed. Friday and yesterday got fused together as I fell asleep close to midday. I woke up around 10 PM and ate decently. I am consuming a lot of sugary products as well as enough proteins and healthy fats. Enjoyed the night - played BG3 a little, enjoyed watching youtube and such for once. It feels like for a long time I've barely been able to enjoy it. My body and my brain feel really refreshed. I slept only a little today, from around 6 to roughly 10, but it was very sweet sleep. Good memories for me. Nostalgic feelings in my brain. These feelings are like a taste of something you can't just find in a store. It's like a lightful savory feeling, spreading all around, pulsing and shining. I believe you've felt it too, but I can't convey exactly what it is. Like when the sky was the right color.
Now it's very early for me. Beautiful winter day outside. I'm having my second coffee. First was a convenitonal brew, now a rather tightly packed moka. That Lavazza has an intense bitter taste, I catch mysef finding it to be too much quite often. Hmm. Maybe I should have something bitter alongside it.
***
Quite some time later
Been sleepy. Ended up in my usual muck. Coffee seems to have become my enemy. I need to fast from it. The annoyance and crankiness factor coming from it has been undying. And yeah, the hours of sleep being shifted so much doesn't feel quite right for my body. No matter - the goodfeel from earlier has really softened the feeling.
Workout
Warmup - some, lower body moves, some stick stretches
Squat
20 and 50
100 for 5
153 for 5 pretty mediocre, but what can I expect after such a poor period? I blame the weather, hehe.
Unnecessarily long break - it happens
153 for 5 okay. Even though my lifts don't feel or look very good today, it still feels like a light weight. I didn't make a mistake picking this weight. Some time to reaccumulate.
153 for 5 - alright, a very good set. I made sure to control my head position, my abs and breathing. Also I put on my typical underknee wraps - two tight layers, the rest on top. If I did some more carefully paced regular workouts for my mobility - not flexibility - I probably wouldn't be needing to use wraps like that. Most of the time since August I've been doing too much stretching etc. leaving my connective tissue not recovering fully. The last couple weeks I've been messed up and doing way too little compared to before. Readjusting to good new stuff. Today's a nice step in the reight direction.
Also, the bar felt really good on my back with the "up" stickers pointing down. I could relax my elbows, let them point down. I think I just got warmed up enough at this point.
153 for 5 even better, feels good. Head position really matters - I wish I could remember that.
153 for 5 okay, decent. Realised I've been doing kind of a high bar back squat cause the weight in, in fact, too light and I'm not really pushing my knees forward.
50 for 5 as I unloaded the plates - just really wanted to do something
Ended up falling asleep quickly, waking up about 5 hours later. How weird!
Comments
Post a Comment