29th of November, 2023, Wednesday - Average nice DL workout, 4 sets of 6 with 240, skin struggles

 29.11.2023

Nice day. Woke up early again (at the alarm). Slept strange. Fell asleep shortly after midnight yesterday, woke up, went back to sleep. The temperature's been making me feel weird. Worked, had one coffee. One moka. 20 grams, double ground, but it tasted mediocre. Make one with 16 grams, once ground - it's better. Strange. Maybe you lose the taste if you grind too much. That makes sense.

Week 9, Session 1 - 4 sets of 6 with 75%. Just 240 kgs. Well, never disrespect the seemingly light weight.

I'm getting back into it. I got mini-sick on Sunday, had a shotty Monday,

Workout

Putting on clothes and equipment for warmup

Deadlift

70 for 8

120 for 6 feels nice I tell you

160 for 6 overhand grip, and not just overhand, but more like fingertips, flexing em up and down

200 for 6 - one rep overhand, five with changed mixed grip (right underhand)

240,3 for 6 - not bad, first rep was slipping in my hands cause I applied liquid chalk and it was still wet. Wore straps on the other five. Kinda easy.

240,3 for 6 - okay, 5 reps mixed grip, then my skin hurt too much and I did one with straps.

240,3 for 6 - 4 reps mixed grip, nice and powerful, 2 with straps. By that logic I should have 3 mixed and 3 straps. I don't like this skin pain, it's going just too far.

240,3 for 6 - better, I think. I put the belt higher, one notch tighter. High pressure, closed nose, all reps with straps.

I wonder if the cream was helping. Well, I did not tear my calluses off - in fact, I just sheared them off carefully. The pain today definitely was not as intense dispite thicker calluses. So yeah, cream has to be helpful. I think tomorrow and Friday will have to be relatively light days, one way or another. That doesn't mean I'll just work out upstairs.

RPotD





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR