November 20th, Monday - Nice squat, small PR, off the program
20.11.2023
Nice day. I had the loveliest dream. Had a semi-decent meal, which is something I've been missing out on. Nutrition can be rated 65/100 today.
Today I'd like to squat. Not sure how. Follow the program or go a bit more by feel? I wanna do triples. Up to a big weight. It'll be awesome. So, I guess we're sort of off the program, but we are gonna do heavy weights. Maybe even max out soon. Well, something of the sort. I don't plan to dedicate too much effort - maybe some - in order to squeeze my strength abilities.
Now it's pretty late. I've had two coffees, feeling just a little sleepy somehow, but still okay.
Workout
Warmup - varied, long, upper and lower body
Squat
50 for 10
100 for 5
150 for 3 nice, pretty easy
160 for 3 nice, short break here
170 for 3 alright. Some shin pain - price of flexibility.
180 for 3 - I've done two pauses. I have to stop doing pauses when I don't need to. I haven't really learned to bounce in this type of squat, and it can be quite helpful. It feels good to feel that stable position in the hole, but I have to stop it.
190 for 3 - lovely, the easiest set today. Made sure to stack the ribs and abs well, listening to some music.
200 for 3 nice, all deep. Speed wasn't perfect, but it was good. I think I might have not had perfect control over my torso. Well, I don't think, I did not, I had a curled back and the bar looked like it was on my neck.
I think 200x3 is a small PR for high bar squat. I genuinely don't remember my low bar result very well. I remember squatting around August 2020, and yes, it is in this blog. But I can't really be bothered checking it right now.
Let us enjoy the feeling of a small PR and Thank God for it 😁 Gratitude makes it better. Hallelujah!
Looking forward to tomorrow and then Wednesday. I had such a wacky slacky streak between Wednesday and yesterday (Sunday). And now I'm feeling back into metal.
This is not a sponsored RPotD

Comments
Post a Comment