October 30-31, Monday and Tuesday - Light accessory workout, heavy bench low volume, small factual PR
30.10.2023
Nice day. Woke up feeling both sleepy and not at the same time - a strange feeling. Like, a part of my brain must have gotten restored and part not. Been having stomach issues, it's been hurting. Omeprasole didn't help much. Decided to try some tea with caffeine mixed. Could feel it, but it was kinda weak. New coffee is gonna arrive tomorrow, at a reasonable price. I ran out of hyper expensive, left with old cheap overroasted one. Made a small brew - it was not bad. Went number two just from smelling it, it took quite a while. Yeah, I'm talking about it cause it's the part of the physical culture process. My stomach got better, hurting less, only for short periods of time. I hope it'll all just pass, cause ofter there are ailments that come up and disappear. Cause the doctor aint ever been able to straightforward tell me what's wrong. Giving me silly herbs and stuff. That kinda stuff - "traditional" medicine - it still around. That's cause people keep asking for it. Hey, if it works as a placebo you can at least relieve mental symptoms. And then the body can heal itself. I'm not hating too much on that kind of superstition, but I do hate it. Have mercy upon the suffering though, I say.
May wanna go on a short milk and tea diet. Might not be optimal. Just stop eating. Or maybe that's the problem - I'm not eating enough. Confused a little.
Today I'm just gonna keep it light. I wonder a little if I'm overworking sometimes. Every day workouts, even if little volume, since early August now.
Ivan Djuric's channel - Squat Every Day - is pretty much an embodiment of anxious overthinking. He's a horrible stimulus addict, holding himself up to unachievable standarts, letting emotions control him. When I hate roidheads I just hate them for betraying themselves, it's more like shaming than hating. They punish themselves with this bodily abuse. But this Ivan Djuric is still full of self-reflecting negative emotion. He wonders if he's not good enough. I can't handle to watch his videos and listen to his softly-glued destroyed logic. He is exactly like me, if you read this little blog.
Workout
Flys - full range
Some L-flys first
2+2 kg dumbbells - 1 set of 20
6+6 - 1 set of 15
8+8 - 2 sets of 15
When you lean forward on flys that's cheating. Very unconscious, you never notice. It's an accessory exercise for overhead lifts. Do it in a similar manner.
Started leg warmup
Bottoms up press, one arm
16 kg kettlebell - 2 sets of 15 reps, each hand. Whichever hand went second was harder. For me it's not a stability exercise but also very much a grip exercise as I keep letting it sway.
One arm press, kettlebell body in hand - 1 sets of 15 - similar, but a little easier.
Squat - pretty basic, fighting the urge to do extra stretching
4 sets of 15 - since it's not barbell squats, they end up looking more like low bar squat, but full, all the way down. It's kinda better for knee strain. Making sure to push hips back and knees out, then they are not as crunchy sounding.
31.10.2023
Nice day. Slept well, ate little. Hoping that reduced food intake can help my stomach pain. It's just small lesions or whatever. Last time they checked they said they're small.
Been waiting for coffee to be delivered, but realised I added other stuff with it and then agreed for it all to come on one day (tomorrow). Oh well, at least there's less gas getting waster. I only undercalculated for one day. So, I don't know if I did right, but I poured one caffeine pill in tea. I actually love the taste of caffeine powder. Maybe not smart, since I got relatively heavy DLs tomorrow. Actually, they're not gonna be that heavy, since we're restarting the microcycle. Actually, not re-starting, but starting the next one. That's cause I'm not typing, but I'm writing stuff that I'm thinking. That's why it's so incoherent on the surface. But it's close to real speech rather than something prepared pre-written. Hmm. What was I gonna say? Doesn't matter. Anyway, today I'm gonna be doing medium-heavy-heavy bench. Just like north-west-west, I explained. There can be two categories of heavy, however - there can be percentage and there can be max. For example, I might have a workout of 80% of max. If I was naming heaviness based off pure weight it's be heavy-light I guess. As in, the lightest of heavy weights. But also the heaviness can be measured from max. So, I might be lifting 80%. If I say my max is 270 then it's a light weight - 218, and if I say it's 320 then it's kinda heavy - 256. Need better terms of description for that. Two different categories. Well, you got "minimax" and "supermax". So, when I said I had heavy bench I meant that I was gonna lift whatever I had in program, be it 5o'8 or 5 sets of 2, but use a heavier supermax. Hmm. So, if I'm gonna use a heavier supermax, then 5o'8 would still kinda be easy, but 5o'2, which is usually 80%+ would be heavy. How confusing.
Workout
Warmup - a lot of shoulder and back moves with a stick
Bench press
20 and 50 - pecs feel vulnerable and stretched. Hm. I may wanna do bench more often if I really want it all to stop. Maybe just a few bench warmup sets before I squat to counter all this stretch.
100 for 5 - what helped, I think, is the super slow negative on the first rep. It sort of alleviate dsome issues. Still kinda vulnerable.
120 for 5
140 for 2 much better, easy
150 for 2 comfortable, but ended up feeling heavy. But guess what? It's a factual PR, cause I never benched 150 on a bench. Well, I might have, but since it's unclear, let's just say I didn't and today was the first time. definitely the first time for more than one rep xD Yeah, but hasn't been my priority, so I've been working in the background for now. I need to do more and attempt to reintroduce PP. That last 128 for 4 was nice, and it was a PR too, but I'd like to get to more round numbers. And my elbow is better.
Anyway, since it was on the brink, I decided to go down a tiny bit in weight.
145 for 2 nice. Pecs don't hurt, now wrist hurts. Only a tiny bit though.
145 for 2 alight. It's easier.
50 for 20 as I unloaded. Pecs are alright.
L-flys upstairs - some.

Comments
Post a Comment