Thursday, October 26th - Nice light workout, pumping

 26.10.2023

Nice day. Could not fall asleep for an unusually long time yesterday. I guess it's cause my workout ended much later than normal. And I've only had one moka and one small conventional brew yesterday.

Played BG3 again, almost got to the complete end. No spoilers, perhaps. Maybe after I'm done playing. I wanna reinstall and play GTAV before the end of October again. I sort of foresee myself entering another small GTAV and RDR2 period.

A little confused as to what I'd like to train today. I've squatted on Monday, so I can wait til Saturday to squat. I think I might do OHPs and attempt to reintroduce PPs back into the fray again. Although my right elbow might have shown a symptom of misbehavior tonight, possibly related to DL.

I love my yesterday's workout. The only painful thing was skin pain, even my backbone wasn't very strained. I love how I can deadlift without straps suddenly (almost).

I found myself watching a lot of random BG3 videos again. I my next playthrough I'll try to do the Minthara mild exploit to try and save her from mind-contolled villainy as well as kids from the grove. I remember when I first saw her I noted how she's unusual compared to other NPCs, with the voice and very unique face and all, before I found out that she can be a companion. What a time! The first time when you do something.

I feel good in my head. So, what will I do today? I'm thinking of flys (not flies) and lats. And the mega compound exercise that floor-supported pullups is. It is underrated for overall fitness, like a laddermaster. Use your legs or your lats. I reckon it can be the best way to develop pullups, cause your legs are strong enough to make your lats go hard.

Underrated little trick for pullups - once you can do more than ten, you can do them pretty much indefinitely, like one or two per minute, training your creatine and glycogen fibers on the verge. You have a couple extreme workouts like that, for an hour or two, and your overall pullups will burst up.

In my next BG3 playthrough, I'll want to play with Sorcerer, Monk and magic-casting Bard and Paladin (Minthara🥵), cause those are these classes that I haven't gotten to discover very well. And, ideally, an origin character rather than Tav. Perhaps the ptsd-inducing Durge. I feel sorry for Laezel, one of the first ever characters introduced in the game. People don't see how cute and vulnerable she is, past all the bravado and green skin. And they did literally draw her cute and young, based on the lore she's the youngest character. Spoiler ahead - and I feel sorry fro her cause her interests contradict the interests of another crucial member of your team, actually the oldest chracter, lol. (Not Astarion). Ah, so many spoilers! Well, you can influence your teammates' choices in the game, how silly.

So, I've had one conventional small brew today so far. 15 grams of ground beans and roughly 250 grams of water. Does 250 grams equate to 250 milliliters? I guess it should, under normal circumstances. It is filtered water, after all.

The western companies/banks are all quite silly for bowing down to the notion of Cold War 2. They are missing out on a lot of money from me and people like me. I have to jump through silly hoops, feeding people in the in-between countries. Well, good for them. And only really select companies get my money at this point. Steam (oh so reluctantly) and Quora They're probably owned by some larger company. Let me check... No, apparently they're their own people, to a degree, at least.  "A more organized Yahoo Answers, a classier Reddit, an opinionated Wikipedia". Ah, you wish. Well, the answers are better. Classier Reddit? I guess, if you know how to cut off all random stuff. And Wikipedia is hyper opinionated already - you have to either be naive or opinionated yourself to believe otherwise. Oh ho ho (sad world we live in).

My stomach has been hurting. I don't know what's causing it. Took an omeprazole pill yesterday and it didn't help. Was offered some kefir (actually, the label says "kefir drink" - something's sus), that helped, but now, upon drinking it again, it hurts. Actually, I know it's most likely just hunger, believe it or not. I must eat fatty food to keep my hormones in check, let em stay alive. A couple eggs would help. I guess I'll be going downstairs. I love how I'm rambling about my life rather than complaining now. I'm in a nice and calm mood, contented.

BG3 writers weren't afraid to delve into some rather dark territory. Sure, in Bethesda games there are some things like that, but they all feel bleached and washed out compared to something you could hear from a friend, for example. Someguy2000's New Vegas Bounties sort of thread the line between cartoonish and dark, kinda like Pulp Fiction, I guess. He's a good writer. Hollywood should hire him for something, straight up. Some director aspiring to be like Tarantino, being original using unapologetic cliches.

Ate some food. Feeling better. I had issues back in the day. It's not that much of a discomfort, I guess. Made another small brew. It got cold quick, cause I'm keeping the window open. It's better for the PC. I gotta dust it off soon...

Workout

Flys, full range

2 kg dumbbells - 2 sets of 20

6 kg dumbbells - 2 sets of 20

A set of rubber lat pulls, calf raises and squat-like moves to warm up for the next exercise

Floor-supported pullups

2 set of 30 - using both legs and lats (and arms!), alternating the load between them when it feels right. It was pretty hard! Strong pump in lats and biceps, cause you can really supinate your forearm in a comfy, not bone-clashing way.

Curls

6 kg dumbbells - 2 sets of 10 slowly

21 kg dumbbell, one hand (each) - 10 reps, 15 reps, 20 reps

The third set was hard. I was doing it from neutral grip to supine, but my left shoulder is higher, so I was doing the more powerful kinda hammer-shoulder-forearm curl, while with the right I could naturally bend my torso into my right side, so it looked a bit more like an armwrestling type-o curl, elbow looking down. Less powerful, but more bicep-involving, so on the right side I had to take a break after 17 sets from strong burn, then just three more. Now I wanna experiment a little bit more, despite OBSCENE forearm and bicep pump. I'm like a tire on a mercedes, hehe.
Short break - did a set of 10, bending torso to the side. That felt great, mostly bicep working. Measured them - right one is around 45,5 cms, and left is very close - around 44,9 cms. Well, it doesn't matter too much, cause I wasn't fully pumped. But also, guess what? When you're fully pumped it might be harder to flex muscle all the way. So when bobybuildas do that kinda stuff they actually stretch a lot of their body too, the antagonist muscles and all. And their stretch muscle into itself, cause even when you're strong you can't always fully flex the muscle - that's also stretching.

Some more squat moves - keeping it gentle, so I don't feel any kind of strain. Need solid energy tomorrow.

2 sets of 10 and 1 set of 20 - with bed blocking my knees from going too far, and thus preventing me from raising heels off the floor, moving the dumbbell in front of me as a counterweight. Curious! I do have more ankle mobility nowadays - something to be happy about.

Honestly, nice calm day overall. I value days like these.

RPotD - confusing stuff from Stable Diffusion 😁



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR