October 14th, Saturday - Very sure squat

 14.10.2023

Nice day. Slept and ate well, 7/10 maybe even.

Week 8, Session 2 in squat - 80% for 2 sets of 3, 87,5% for 3 sets of 1. Hmm. Not so sure about this today, honestly. Is Saturday a better choice than tomorrow? Well, I do feel pretty good, although possibly maybe a little too relaxed, just like last week on deadlifts. Haven't had any coffee today. It'd be great if I worked out after only a little bit of coffee and did it all well. Let's see...

I wonder if I really love pain, or is that, like, an overexaggeration that happened to have to come to life on its own? Obviously I don't love pain, especially physical pain, and it is the only type of pain you can, you know, experience very direct pleasure from - simple endorphins. Everyone can do that, but the panic and worry usually hide it. Exercise is a much safer way to epxerience endorphins and a feeling of mental satisfaction.

The fact that it's low reps today sort of makes it easier. Should be nice, and I definitely can finish pretty early. My elbow had a bit of swelling when I woke up, but it's normal. All that just from doing bench press without enough warmup and heavy PPs the next day. Honestly, PPs were pretty radical, I might have gotten good at them, or at least an aspect of the movement, an ability to gather yourself and "shoot toward the sky", if you will, without making it into a press-push. I know there is so much optimization to be done on my PP before I actually need to increase my strength.

And my traps are pretty sore. I'm so glad and dumbfounded I "discovered" pulling my upper back together for cleans. I admit, the fact that I did not know it earlier shows my lack of diligence. It all clicked into place so well. And I might even try to this kind of pulls with much bigger weight in the near future. Very, very different from deadlifts! And simultaneously, I'm playing with the idea of getting more range from my upper back on DLs, like Bob Peoples. Two very different kinds of athletes, Bob Peoples (i.e. long-arm-low-shoulder deadlifter) and olympic weightlifters who seem to have the ability to shorten their arms - but they were simply gathering their upper back, including traps. I can't believe I wasn't able to discern it before.

9 PM, second moka, lol. It's okay. I know I'll have a good time tomorrow. Or, rather, I believe.

Workout

Warmup - calf raises, leg curls, lower body moves, squat variations

Squat

20 - 50 - 100

140 for 3

160 - 2 sets of 3

180 for 1

183 - 2 sets of 1 all easy

Today we've been training to use our CNS, to pace ourselves, to generate a right amount of power, and also we're keeping our squat in shape. Soon, I promise, we can move to train to generate a large amount of effort that our sustem can handle, even if it's much bigger than what I think I can lift.

Sweating a lot, wearing underclothing. A little worried about the bar wearing out my little jacket. Might wanna use extra cloth or something, like in Summer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR