Wednesday, October 11th - Deadlift, not using straps again
11.10.2023
Nice day. Sleep 55/100, food 6/10 albeit low appetite. I have to rest my elbow, perhaps - lighter weights for a short period. I've come to this conclusion after being slightly scaremongered after watching Omar Isuf's latest video where he talks about his own elbow, lol. I've had mine for fourteen years, it's good for everything except extending to 180 degrees, so I'm pretty sure I've nothing to worry about, especially today.
Workout
Warmup - just EZ bar for 10 smooth fast reps, feeling my CNS. Never stretch anything before deadlift.
Deadlift
20 for 10
70 for 9
120 for 8
160 for 7
200 one partial rep overhand - definitely haven't got the grip today. Could summon it later. Then two or three reps in straps, impulsively experimenting with some aspects of the technique. Well, warmup sets can be usable this way, perhaps, even if still off-putting. And the gentle staircase from 10 reps to 4 reps isn't gonna happen xD
230 for 4 mixed grip. Unusual and unpleasant experiences with my skin, like a callus going inside my hand instead of tearing off, lol. I might get addicted to it - it's so much less work that tying up straps, despite the pain hehe.
240 for 4 mixed grip. It's strange, mixed grip feels so easy to use now. Also, I'm much thinner, forced to do two holes on the belt, BW also gone down. Must be the caffeine abuse. Might wanna try carbs at some point soon.
240 for 4 same, a little better
240 for 4 same, much better. Surprising grip.
243 for 4 worse, cause I picked up an audio player and it distracted me. Kinda pathetic. Something to fix on the next set.
243 for 4 much better, and I racked it, further straining my grip. It was shocking. My skin cracked again - not tore.
I am very happy that I can lift 240 so easily. I am very happy I have had such a nice powerful workout. I did not need to generate much effort, and all reps went up with lovely smooth velocity, despite my thinness and only slightly above average recovery and CNS condition. I should have had a calmer Tuesday, once again, but I was so excited about today I drained a lot of my brain power too early, I think. That's why the "warmup point" is delayed. I've explained my barbell warmup terminology many times, but I'm never satisfied. It's kind of obvious, you'd think, but I feel that even an experienecd person is not very likely to understand what I'm talking about. I'm not going to explain it now, I promise myself that.

Comments
Post a Comment