Saturday, October 7th - Just squat, lightened

 07.10.2023

Nice day. Finally slept well, it feels like more than 7/10. Ate - not as much, I don't feel hungry. Walked to the store, picked up a cart there, ended up buying more groceries than I ever did on foot. The walk was funny. I realise naturally I have upturted front facing ribs, due to my stature and my lifestyle. And that, funny enough, made it harder to breathe with the backpack and a bag in my hand. I also had to keep my hand fully supine. So, breathing was much easier when I leaned forward. At some point, however, my backpack's zipper slid open, a pack of eggs fell out and a as weel as jar of tomato sauce. I didn't lose any eggs, curiously enough; some of them cracked, so I immediately cooked them once I got home. It must be curious to walk the road and a see a random glob of tomato sauce on it, like somebody must have tried to feed a stray animal with it, right? Hehe.

You don't gotta be afraid of the road, even if you ain't got a car. A psychological thing came to me as studied my own reactive emotions. I decided to change the wallpaper in my phone after over a year of having it, and there's a cool pic of a road, a lot like I imagine Pleasantview. Well, you don't have to imagine it, it's based on a real place, and it's also a place in the Sims 2, funny enough, so now wonder I happened to pick as inspiration when I saw it on a map. There's close to a thousand pages of very raw material, a lot, great lot of stuff that might be considered unnecessary. So, anyway, I just kept it there as a strange reminder. I gotta admit, re-reading this post it seems like I was really lacking coherency. Maybe I'm overtraining slightly, maybe it's excessive caffeine.

I wanna squat today. It's gonna be Week 7, Session 2. Oh man, I should try squatting on Thursdays, Fridays and Mondays. It's been once per week, and that isn't completely right for me. I'm not pacing and managing my efforts well.

5 sets of 4 with 80%. Hmm. So, it's not gonna be too difficult. Alright, again a collision (with last Thursday). Expectable.

You know what I think? I think I can squat today AND on Monday. But obviously some concessions have to be made. Today I take my sub-minimax, and on Monday I can take my supermax and do 82,5 for 4 sets of 3, which would be more than 180 kgs, and in good technique hopefully.

Let's be real, I probably have enough energy to do 150 for 20, but we'll be going with a pace I just outline. Sub-minimax. So, from 155 to 160 working sets. Reasonable? Too reasonable, actually. But we'll see - maybe Monday won't be "too reasonable", hehe.

Workout

Warmup - imagining myself doing BW squats for a few sets, then doing some BW squats

Squat

50

100 and 150 for 5

160 - 2 sets of 4 - narrowed my grip even more, keeping the torso straight, doing pauses. It's pretty great, but on some reps I still ended up with my calves perpendicular to the floor too early, making it more like low bar squat. It makes sense that in this squat your calves only get perpendicular to the floor at the utmost lockout.

I was rushing, eager in my laziness to end sooner. But after these two sets I took a smarter longer break, which can allow another type of vice shine through - not laziness, but distractedness. Well, let's go already.

160 - 2 sets of 4 - nice, left ankle lacking some mobility, but still doing it. All pretty easy, but effortful.

I decided 4 sets of 4 was enough (very lazy, I strongly advise doing against it). But I need to reset my squat tempo on Monday, so it was prudent enough for me do it today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR