Sep 19th, Tuesday - Light session, feeling good

 19.09.2023

Nice day. Slept very well, very nice dreams. Visited a place that I was planning to write about in Marco. I'm realising now that the name Mark is probably related to Mars, the Roman god of war. A lot of other characters' names quite accidentally seem fitting.

I find it reasonable to cut down effort as much as possible before DL, the only priority left in my training ever since I started working out every day. So far, every 24 hours have a session attached to then, no days skipped - at least if you don't count the couple times when I worked out past midnight. The better description would be "two sessions every 48 hours" then.

So, today I've decided to only have a small pot of coffee, no caffeine pills. My body reacts completely differently to caffeine pills in comparison to coffee. And only reason I decided to try taking them is cause I ran out of melatonin and decided to try the reverse approach. Also, they are significantly cheaper than coffee (pound for pound). Something to consider.

So far I've only done some gentle lower body warmup. I'd prefer something systematic even on a day like today.

Workout

Warmup - pelvic rotations on one foot, lower body moves, squat variations, calf raises.

Those one-legged standing pelvic rotations are pretty rad, they're very squat-adjacent, great to target some of those small muscles hidden in between quads and hams. And I have come up with this movement myself, just by lining my hips joints in one space. The standing one is mostly in place, and the goal is to move the other one up and down in roughly the same plane. Pumps your legs and obliques a little. I've done 3 sets of about 15-20 reps per leg.

Calf raises - 3 sets of 20, no supports, pauses on top. In each set the focus was for ten reps leaning on big toe, and ten on the outer toes.

Dummbel flys (not flies), full range, more dynamic and powerful - 4 sets of 15. Nice shoulder pump.

If you wanna do this properly and make a weird somewhat isolating exercise like that sueful you hvae to do it with power and conviction, putting your nerves to work; holding it with power so that it can't be knocked from your hand.

I might have done too much stretching yesterday. If I haven't I think I would have been more likely to have a better training session. Oh well.

Olympic stick stretching - 4 sets. I should not neglect these.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR