September 7th, Thursday - Nice clean and press, 100 - 4 sets of 5

 07.09.2023

Not much. Slept okay, ate mediocre. Went to the store, bought some pork. Gonna do some OHPs today.

Week 3, Session 2 - 77,5% for 4 sets of 5. So, a hundred. I think if I use the high pull better I can clean all sets. Should be nice!

Workout

Warmup - some, mostly front rack holds

Clean and press (hang cleans into squat)

20 - a few cleans

50 - 1 clean, 5 presses. Might have done this twice

70 - 1 clean, 5 presses. Callus I tore off yesterday is distracting a little. Let's see if I can find a way to patch it up a little.

90 - 1 clean, 5 presses. Not the most perfect looking presses, but this time I have conviction, energy and I'm also settling back in the groove. Hooray!

100 failed clean, then 1 clean, 5 presses. The usual - didn't pull high enough, also did not warm up legs. The presses were ugly, I felt one heel leave the floor for a moment, which sort of disqualifies one of the reps according to my own rules. So, it's quite technically 4 pretty ugly press reps and one scuffed rep. We shall fix it - with conviction and power!

100 - 2 sets of 1 clean and 5 presses (short break) - very nice! I have never actually done these kinds of clean with this range of presses, so, even though my body was simply ready to do this, this is a PR and I am very happy 😄 I believe it's very important to know when you've done something hard that you've never done before, even if it's a rep or a volume or a purely technical PR - it is evidence that you're doing better than before. Presses were also done with power, velocity and conviction, better than I have in a long time!

100 - 1 clean, 5 presses - nice.

Front squat (from racks)

50 for 5 reps as I experimented with various grips.

50 for 1 and 4 more experimentation, cramped my mid-right-back a little

50 for 5 with a full grip! This made me wonder if I am much more flexible than I think.

I'd like to try to work out the first thing in the day, or as early as possible. Tomorrow could be a nice option for that.

***

Guess what? I am not done training!

Squats

3 sets of 20 - narrow split squats, full. In between legs in the bottom, on the back leg in the top. Switching sides after 10. I believe it helps me with ankle mobility too.

1 sets of 20 - weight on the front leg. When I think about it, I wonder if there's a reason to put your back leg on a support at all. Well, it does make the exercise harder to balance.

Re-reading Marco. Did I mention I had to make a second file because of the symbol limit in Google Docs?

Second set turned into a semblance of one-legged half squat as I kept my front leg in the air, only using it to push off the bottom.


Ironbridge in Shropshire





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR