September 1st, Friday - Clean and press, lighter 4 sets of 8
01.09.2023
Nice day. Not much to tell. Managed to work some. Slept a lot. Might be "second day fatigue" from Wednesday. The heat is high, possibly the last hot day of this year. Had a nice dream, a real mashup of genres - crime, fantasy, medieval, survival, gore, illusions. Driving a car, my green Kuruma from GTA Online, then my other car - Virtue (a popular choice for many_> Talking to some corrupt cops in some station. Then, a genre switch - defending some wooden fort from some sort of fantasy attackers. Or maybe that was before the car-driving? Cause later I came back there to find everyone slaughtered, and had to sneak out of it, picking up survival stuff from the floor a-la DayZ, all that on the side of some modern day city road. A random woman walked up to me and asked me what I'm doing, and I popinted to the fort, which has suddenly phantasmally turned into a soviet-era female Dormitory with an epic large mosaic of a woman on the side of the wall. Dreams can be quite an inspiration, a mishmash of all the brightest elements, visually, at least.
Week 3, Session 1 altered - split between OHP and PP. I'm choosing to take a lighter max for today, stabilize myself a little, even though I do not feel bad at all.
5 sets of 8 with 67,5%. So, three sets of 8 with 85 kgs on OHP, and maybe 100 for the same volume on PP from the racks. Also I'd like to dedicate some additional attention to my cleans, this time hang cleans. I'm realising now the high pull is called that cause you need to pull the weight high, meanwhile I was often not doing it, trying to be efficient in ducking under the bar as early as possible, which doesn't always work.
It's possible I might end up splitting my workout between today and tomorrow again. That'd be a weird arrangement, but I get it. Pushpress can belong on a leg-oriented day.
Workout
Warmup - some. The heat and humidity are high. Stretching my lats, forcing shoulders forward, flexing and stretching serratus anterior, then some bar front rack and overhead holds and presses.
I should stop trying to always rack the bar directly behind my clavicles. It is not always the most stable position. The stables position is with flexed serratus (ribs!) and elbows fixed a bit in the front. It is singificantly less painful, almost not at all.
Clean and press (hang cleans into full squat)
Garage is really cold compared to upstairs. There I sweat, here it's all evaporating in cold.
20 - some cleans
50 - 3 cleans, 8 presses
70 - 1 clean, 3 presses, 1 clean and 5 presses, 1 more clean
85,5 - 1 clean and 8 presses, 1 clean, 1 failed clean - cause I decided to try straps. Did not need them!
Experimentation, mother of creating and fixing mistakes. Long break.
85,5 - 1 clean, 8 presses, short break
85,5 - failed clean (almost managed), 1 clean and 8 presses, longer break
85,5 - 1 clean, 8 presses
Hang cleans and focvusing on the upepr part of the high pull was a smart idea. The movement now feels smooth and natural, very satisfying. I'm already happy.
Video - glad to report I've gotten fatter, hehe. Despite training every day for almost three weeks now and fairly nonchalant diet.

Comments
Post a Comment