August 25th, Friday - Pullups and unusual curls
25.08.2023
Nice day. Managed to work a little. Ate somewhat well - 6/10 if I had to rate it. I've been feeling more and more like I don't need to eat a lot. Slept a lot, remember having nice dreams. CNS is undergoing the "second day fatigue" from Wednesday, I guess. Yesterday contributed too, of course. I did some curious leg stretches - I think I'm very close to being able to touch my shoulder with my foot. I don't really need that, but it's useful for olympic style lifting. If you're stretching you need to have a purpose for it, imho. Also, lumbar region is still very tired. So, I might want to limit my hanging on the bar.
Now it's pretty late. Played some Baldur's Gate 3 yesterday. Seems a lot of fun so far, hard for me to get used to camera though.
And also, I remember having made a switch to underhand pullups. We shall practice some today.
I think I'm not gonna have any coffee today - that is very good. That means I'll have a strong-feeling coffee tomorrow. I'd prefer to really cut down on all of it at some point, to redevelop better sensitivity.
Workout
Rubber pulls
2 sets of 20 - light
1 set of 20 - hard rubber
1 set of 20 - same, but double folded. Pretty hard, feels like 70-80 kgs at high point
Underhand pullups - we discussed the difference between them and chinups. You don't curls your arms as much and move your center of mass closer to the bar. But number 1 reason for me is, of course, the lack of pain in my forearm.
2 sets of 8 - a little cumbersome, but it got better with every set.
1 set of 8 - parallel grip on square bars, a little too painful for fingers
1 set of 8 - normal narrow grip pullups, a spot in forearm hurts only a little bit. Narrow grip because I only have a small bar in my room.
I'd like to imagine if I keep working on it gently, steadily and consistently it'll grow over and won't hurt anymore.
Ring curls (rings are attached to the pullup bar with a rope, I'm holding on to them and leaning back away (for some reason I felt the need to imclude a more vivid description))
3 sets of 10 - really enjoyable exercise, an unusual load for biceps. They are not getting "overflexed", if you will, the load is spread much more evenly through the range of motions, so it's still hard at the highest point. Immediate pump. Feels very functional as well. My elbows are always up, and I'm pulling the rings to the sides of my head.
That's about it for now. Already pretty late. A lot of fun to have before tomorrow, and tomorrow we're having a nice heavy workout.

Comments
Post a Comment