August 10th, Thursday - Accessory OHP work, pullups. Inhale in chest for overhead!

 10.08.2023

Nice day. Slept little at first, experiencing what feels like CNS fatigue. Woke up automatically at the same time as the last three days, and I would have gotten up if I wasn't drained before I managed to fall asleep. Despite feeling uncomfortable had to go to bed. I reckon if I managed to finish my DLs before 11 PM it would have been better as well. Anyway, I woke up around 7. My younger brother came back home. For a while I heard something that sounded like rumbling of the fence before he called and asked me to open the door. Being awkward at that age instead of calling right away. Had a small breakfast - rice, an egg, a moderate pork chop, a tomato, leftover tea. Didn't want to make new tea somehow.

Now I'm having my first coffee. It'll be a light workout today. I'd like to pay attention to my lats.

***

I think it would be somewhat smart to not even go downstairs, perhaps. I could do some nice and basic olympic weightlifting stretches with the small bar. And also, I got a junk bar recently, a stright one. It's in good condition. I could try it for stretches and such.

A part of the story I'm writing is making me emotional. I guess I'm not writing pulp fiction after all. The robot helps me stylize my basic language as I write directly more and more every day. I have good memory for words, but my personal vocabulary is simply lacking. If I tried writing in Russian I believe it'd be a lot more awkward.

Workout

Warmup - as if I was gonna do overheads for some reason. Well, I am gonna do them on Saturday.

You must inhale into your chest for overhead lifts! Not just your guts, like with squats and DLs. Somehow, I think, I've been forgetting that.

So, a long distracted warmup, upper and lower body.

27 kg ez bar - front rack holds, presses, overhead holds, front squats.

Presses from the front squat and overhead squats from the press - I'm amazed I can suddenly do that! Wearing crocs. Might be comfortable in one way, but not like heeled shoes. (Large sole surface)

Did about three sets of that, laid back, only sweating a tiny bit (less than 30 seconds of overall load)

Floor supported pullups

2 set of 15 very light

Pullups - normal ones, trying to go for full range. A little uncomfortable in some spots, but it got better.

5 - 10 - 15 not the strictest, but I was trying.

Pumped way too much. Now I'm a basketball that's gonna blow up, lol.

Floor-supported bicep pullups (a-la reverse JM press, not exactly chinups)

2 sets of 10, somewhat hard, nice. The pump is straight up painful. I gotta do more stuff like this (for reps).

I'm wondering if I could reasonably do anything fun on Friday 😁 Work out, that is. Nothing that I'm gonna do on Saturday. What could it be then?















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR