August 13th, Sunday? - Pullups and curls, feels good
13.08.2023
Nice day. Sunday. Woke up kinda late. Took two melatonin pills yesterday cause I was way too bothered. So, today I got up and worked for the first time in a while. There should be some work tomorrow too.
Today I wanna work out. I think I'll fix the mistakes I did on Thursday and do better pullups and curls. This time I'm make sure to warm up my whole back and abs so that pullups don't aggravate my "old spots".
Discoving some popular enough goodies, jamming and rocking myself. Enjoying this so much. As simple and good as rock n' roll has ever been. Now I want a second coffee, even though it's approaching 11 PM again... Oh well. I just never wanna feel like I did on Friday. I reckon I gotta ride the wave, but carefully, perhaps.
You know, important but random thought: in the drum room I saw there was a little puddle of cat poop, so I managed to keep this knowledge in my mind long enough for me to find a proper opportunity to clean it. I didn't know how, last time I had to deal with it it took a long time. But this it turned out a little better cause I picked some Vanish and Amway (just so we're clear I condemn network marketing, albeit I admit it's only semi-scummy if you make it so), poured it on top of the poop puddle. I searched for something to scrape it off, my mind wandered to kitchen utensils, but once again I manged to stop myself on time and picked a small shovel in the garage. And I was amazed at how easy it was to scrape it off and clean it, it was like I was watching one of them Vanish commercials that were on when I was a kid. Absolutely magnificent! And I haven't even had my coffee then.
You know, it might be a little weird to talk about cat poop and how cleaning it made me feel. It's my self-expression as an author - it's a little silly, it doesn't make quite so much sense to write a whole ass paragraph about it, so it's up to someone like me to do that kind of stuff. I'm the "in between" normal and not normal. Cause things that aren't normal are quite the stereotype too, you know. Does it make sense? Eh. Second coffee, having it now and it's about to be 11PM. It's okay though, I will be done before midnight. Spoke to my brother heartily about TV shows and cartoons that we watch, what we think about Futurama characters. As expected at that age, his favorite character is Bender. When I was in my early 20s it was Fry for me - he gets the girl, after all, hehe. I assosiated myself with that character the most. Now it's more Dr. Zoidberg, I guess.
Of course, according to the "psychotypes" little quiz I used to take as a youngester I'm the most like Zapp Branigan. Who else? Hehe.
Workout
Warmup - fairly thorough, upper and lower body, arm swings and flys in a variety of angles, dance moves involving hips, squat variations, stiff one-legged side bends (short range!)
Supine ring pullups
2 sets of 12 - medium difficulty, curious
Pullups - downstairs on the normal bar
1 set of 10
Very short break, some duck/wrestler walks
1 set of 9 and a half
Alright. There are some spots around my midsection (including my lower left abdomen I mentioned yesterday) that seem to not be quite used to me hanging or doing pullups. It's important we strengthen then with added regularity.
Pump moderate today, not painful and not too strong.
That part I managed before midnight.
Curls
16 kg kettlebell, grip by the body - 20 reps, full range. It's difficult to fully extend your arms in the bottom! Definitely not a bodybuilding oriented exercise, just so we're clear. Forearms, grip and rotators have to work hard.
32 kg kettle, grip by the body - 2 sets of 10 - pretty awesome, second set was done to failure as I was losing grip and had to regrip it (on the bed). Awesome time!
Now let's hope that training more often is, indeed, not a mistake 😁
RPotD - very nice, love sea
I usually try to keep my hands on the sides, and pinky and ring fingers are on the bottom. It's more of a parallel grip rather than underhand grip.
_patrols_the_waters_surrounding_the_Al_Basrah_Oil_Terminal_(ABOT)_as_a_super_tanker_takes-on_crude_oil.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment