August 5th, Saturday - No more night workouts
05.08.2023
Nice day. Slept well for the first time in a while. Paid back the sleep debt, if you will. Saw a nice dream. Not the nicest - I wasn't flying in it, only running really fast. Visiting familiar places that seemed quite otherworldly. And, you know, sometimes we see dreams about things that we don't really think about. But, I guess, they represent some of our subconscious thoughts, whether we like it or not. And shortly before I woke up I imagined I won some sort of bet against Mr. Beast (and I don't really watch his content, admittedly). Some bet that involved running around the labirynth of a darkened school. I might have been huffing oxygen in my sleep again (breathing extraordinarily deeply, hehe). And as a result of that bet he was supposed to give me everything he has, but I settled first for $4 million, then changed it 40. And I was handed a sheep's golden fleece stuffed with packs of money. And I was wearing some sort of disheved formal galoches, and me and him (or him and I, if you prefer me to be more literate) went to some clothing store (that's GTA influence in my dream lol). I wished to pick a cool jacket, but ended up settling for nothing in my own head. Soon before the reality slowly entered my mind I thought of diffulities of having to exchange this sort of money in a bank and taxes. That was boring. I would assume a greedy person has a dream like that, or perhaps a desperate one. Well, once I woke up I came to conclude that a lot of people who worry about money in their life wished they'd worry about it as much as I do (very little, but still cumbersome). That's psychology material for you, use it in your thesis - I allow it, hehe. It might be difficult to frame as something useful, of course. Be free and do whatever your conscience - the deep one - deems permissible. That's what freedom is - not succumbing to your own nature. Strength. Free to carry the burden of being human, rather than be crushed into the ground by it.
Listening to a small awesome band Norilsk on my large speakers.
Halfway through my first coffee. Ate well tonight. Don't need much now. Looking forward to the workout. Have a somewhat complex chore I need to fulfill.
***
My PC got knocked out - an electricity issue, I assume. Can't have a player alongside PC and a screen and turn up the output on my audio interface. That's okay. Might wanna plug it into a different one next time.
***
10:10 PM. Drinking the new coffee. Old blue coffee ran out. It's red Bushido again. I can really taste the fruitiness all of a sudden. Now sure if I feel completely positive about it, but at least it's not revolting low quality coffee. Still high quality. Writing and playing the story.
***
Midnight. Who could have expected? Just about the time.
Workout
Warmup - long, a little too laid back. Holds, stretches, upper and lower body. Decided I should do some with the actual bar rather than just the ez-bar.
Downstairs in the garage - cleans and holds with 20 and 50.
I guess I'm not gonna pursue the program. Realistically, the program only really works up to 16 sessions, after which is has to be altered to include more energy accumulation work - at least that's been looking like that for me. Hmm. Maybe I should just rewrite it.
So, nothing too heavy is gonna happen today. But I also wanna experience the oldschool OHP that I've been missing for so long.
Overhead press
70 for 5 nice. I can feel I've forgotten the groove, but not completely.
90 for 3 okay. Gotta get some music, I reckon
113 - fail, waited at the sticking point and had to put it down. Now is just not the right time to work out like that. I should programming and percentages and work to fill up my muscle. It's not been great. CNS is mediocre, weather is hot and humid, my nutrition is subpar (as well as my appetite), my sleep has only been okay today this whole week, and I've developed an insane habit of working out long past midnight. All these problems need to be fixed. And it will not take a lot of effort. But it will take some discipline.
73 - 4 sets of 8 - filling up the muscle, gonna accumulate ATF and such.
Another observation - squatting on Saturdays might have been a bad idea, cause it turned Saturday into the center of the week, fatigue-wise, and it's always been Wendesday for me. Gonna do some on Monday this time... And before midnight. Must fix all these.
If I don't... I'll be surprised, hehe.
Anyway, we're gonna save it for now. Well, I get the blood moving, squats and such before I take off my weightlifting shoes.
Squat
5 sets of 20 - BW
Feels nice. Spreading them. I got some kind of a painful spot in my inner thigh. I'd like to work on it, be more Olympic so I can squat deep with straight torso.
I wonder if I could allow more pressure to my ankles under heavy weight. We'll have a nice one on Monday. I swear. (If I can swear, heh)
***
It's a shame how pics disappear from blogspot sometimes. I'm rereading this old article http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2014/09/deadlift-secrets-of-champions-donald.html and so many pics are out.
Anyway, here's our RPotD

Comments
Post a Comment