July 5th, Wednesday - Light deadlift after illness
05.07.2022
Nice day. Today, at least. I've been quite ill. If I remember correctly, not as bad as I was in February, but still unpleasant. I was unexpectedly fatigued on Saturday, and then it all went down quite conventionally - fewer, chills, stomach problems, nose problems, raving a little while unable to fall asleep. On Saturday I might have worked out too hard and hard a cold draft in the garage, and turned up the heat in the house and it might have led me to get a temperature spike and drop later. Possibly sensing what's gonna happen in advance I took and analgin pill, but I think it wasn't smart. Then it happened. I forced some porridge with milk and protein in me - don't know what I was thinking. After having orange juice and milk it felt like I was peeing acid. And at some point my stomach got pretty bad. It was feeling uneven, I was burping. I made some warm lemon water and had a lignin pill and an antacid pill. Not sure if that was smart or not. But short time later I went upstairs and felt it ever so slightly, so I forced myself to vomit. Mostly water, as expected. The scream during vomiting was surprisingly loud. That's because I am capable of bracing my core very well. But then I finally felt some relief. In my bed, I proceed to rave as I was falling in between sleep and wakefulness, unable to breathe well due to the extensively clogged nose. Trying to blow it wasn't making it much better. But in the end, I managed to fall asleep and woke up later at night. My mother came home after taking my brother to that camp and managed to care for me for a while. That helped, that helped my brain in particular. The whole Sunday I basically ate nothing, and on Monday I ate very little. It was bad, low energy, noticeable headache from blood overfilling my skull, but still not as bad. Breathing was hard, oxygen low, couldn't get out of bed for long. But I wasn't feeling too weak, so I could move and do what I need. That was Monday. On Sunday, a curious thing happened as I suffered in my lonely silence - I experienced the most intense sense of penitence for a lot of small and big things I've done in life, voluntary and involuntary, mostly from distant past. It might have been a very painful feeling, but a really revealing one. I wish I could enter that state on my own volition. I do not feel quite as conscious anymore, without that feeling. But then again, it was a fewer induced mostly emotional state, as I was left alone to suffer. Alright.
Yesterday it was more or less okay. Breathing was still hard, on my mother's request I had to inhale a lot of literal poison (insecticide, cause I was opening the doors for the exterminator) so I coughed a lot and had poor oxygen delivery and my head still quite swollen with blood. I was tempted to have coffee, but I only had a stash of stale robusta and very low quality arabica that I've been doing too much. Coffee would have helped with that stale slow sanguis stuck in my skull. But I was already standing in front of my PC for a while, feeling quite bored and compressed. I think I've lost quite some weight, but it's obviously mostly water. I purchased some groceries, including a lot of bananas to help me with cramps. I realised now that alone it's gonna be difficult for me to finish all this.
The weather, joking around, finally got to be hot. I still have no exact idea what exactly caused my illness, but it's most likely temperature shocks.
Today I feel quite fresh. I did not sleep at night, but I slept some or enough during the morning and that felt good. I'm not quite certain about anything, of course, but I think I'll be trying to work out a tiny bit today. No working weights, just 100-150 kilos for very conventionals sets of 5 and a moderate volume.
Purchased the same blue Colombia arabica as I did last time. It's good, a very gentle taste. I shall only have two mokas today, I know that. As usual, the first could cups make me very sleepy - or at least they give the similar "dizzy" effect around my frontal lobes an eyes. That effect doesn't necessarily indicate sleepiness, I beleive, but it is the same effect. Because normally I lie down for a few minutes and it just goes away, replaced with conventional coffee arousal. I shall do the same now, sweating heavily...
***
Finishing the first coffee. Feeling it.
Workout
No special warmup
Did a lot of cleaning around the house. Different when you're all alone.
Deadlift
20 for 10
50 for 10
100 for 5
140 - 3 sets of 5 as I was cleaning. I can feel my metabolism not being as good, and overall a tiny bit weaker. But I still had to stop myself from putting on more - this is definitely quite enough.
RPotD

Comments
Post a Comment