July 1st, Saturday - Pushpress after all, bw squat
01.07.2023
Nice day. Not much. I slept little between Thursday and yesterday, and fell asleep shortly after midnight. Woke up around 3, ate some food, then fell back asleep for two hours. Very deep sleep. Woke up, worked, had a micro breakfast, managed to fall asleep again. Slept until the evening. Strangely deep sleep. Woke up, made coffee. I haven't been "distracted" for a whole week by now. A strange feeling of blank calmness.
Coffee works though. After starting the first pot I ended up playing bass, tweaking the bass tone. I'd like to believe we are one step closer ton finally writing something once again.
Yesterday, fascinated by the ability of those small exercises to being about limberness and freshness in my legs, I did a few variations of them, but I ended up hurting my left hip joint very casually - bone against bone. Basically, it was a variation of a sideways leg raise, but standing on the leg, so it's forced to support the whole body. If your thighbone is in line with your body you have very limited mobility in it (most likely), so I leaned way too much to the left side and crushed the joint against the pelvis. It hurts when I flex it. The only good thing about it is acquired experience. It's the same kind of small injury you might get if you're trying to do the hardest version of splits - joint either popping out of the socket or crushing against the bone. Can be bad, but thankfully, not such a big deal. Just nociception.
***
I would really prefer not to work out past midnight tonight... It's been a little annoying.
I've been high on life for the majority of this week. Now it's time to tone it down just a tiny bit.
Maybe I'll try to take a shower again. The problem is that, I think, I tend to turn it into a temperature torture or something like that. Too stressful for the body.
***
11 PM. My brain is now jumbled after the third coffee. Okay. Let's just go already.
Workout
Warmup - not much upstairs
Clean
20
50 - 3 singles, with pauses on the chest and 5 presses per set
Push press
50 for 3
90 for 3
110 for 3 felt fatiguing
120 for 3 - more of a press-push. I guess my legs are afraid to generate appropriate effort.
120 for 3 better
123 for 3 even better
128 for 1 okay - done well, after a short break. Lost balance and the bar moved up and down in the lockout a little bit, but the lift was easy, powerful and controlled. I think I'm managing to lower the bar even more smoothly these days.
That's about it - for the garage. Upstairs, however, I feel like I need to do more.
My nose and throat feel vulnerable, and I'm still a little ill. Have to be careful. I should really consider wearing a mask wherever these is dust. How weak of me, ha ha. Strong with the bar, weak against particles. I guess I need to do more accessory work to help develop health-protecting muscle! 😁
Squat
5 sets of 10 - bodyweight. Hip pain first inscreased, then alleviated.
Too bad community series week is over in GTA Online. There were actually fun gamemodes there! Like team car sumo on a double level. You had to get in cars - different types of cars - and manouever and push off opponents. It's lighthearted fun.

Comments
Post a Comment