Saturday, June 24th - Squat not going too well

 24.06.2023

Nice day so far. Slept a lot yesterday, really knocked out somehow. Then I ate well, splurged on restaurant food again. At least I don't do it as often these days. Being a former cook, I can somehow appreciate this stuff.

Other stuff's been happening. The "alternative" I wrote about earlier seemed to have failed completely and the worst thing possible happened to it. That's libertarianism for you. It is much more foolishly optimistic than any other ideology. I'm severely upset with those people.

So, all that stuff kind of makes me not wanna "go". *sigh* Well, the desire to go is not gone, but this stuff is just bs.

My brain has been feeling really, uh, I dunno, leisurely. It's similar to when I'm inspired, but, like, I'm not moved to do a lot of stuff. Lazy? Perhaps. Really have been "distacted" but in a different way than I was in 2022 and 2021. Less intense. Older? Hope not the cause, lol.

Vague, vague writing. Hard to get what I'm talking about. And you don't have to. I've really been learning to appreciate seemingly meaningless things. Learning to see the beauty where it wasn't meant to be. Learning to see sense when there is little sense. Now that I think about it, these words sound troubling. Allow me to assure you - in this paragraph I'm not actually speaking vaguely, I am thinking vaguely, I'm thinking in images and feelings rather than words and data. Hmm.

***

Glory, glory. People who want glory make mistakes. It's worse than mammon.

***

Now it's 18:23. You probably know what's gonna happen next, since you're most likely reading this from the future. I can't believe I was contemplating that option. Who could have expected something like this was gonna happen? If it does blow over in a good way I think I might be more inclined to go. Now, however, for slightly different reasons. Hmm.

***

Today we'll be doing some cleans and squats. Not too heavy. But heavy enough. Feels like it's been too long. Also, I shan't begin too late. Time to switch it back up to normal.

Week 10, Session 1 - 5 sets of 2 with 85%. Might edit it out a little.

Workout

Warmup

Clean (squat clean) - singles

50 for 3

70 for 3

90 for 5, second was a fail due to front rack, but I stretched it more and it got way better

Squat - high bar

20 - 50 - 100

140 and 160 for 2 - hips hurt. Time for a break, I just need to let them recover. I think after all this time I am developing more stiffness and I need more mobility. So, let's preserve these results for a while and heal what we can.

Squat - bodyweight

4 sets of 10 - much better. I think my torso might be way too stiff. Maybe I should just not usew the big belt. Olympic weightlifters don't use the big belt, after all.

⏳✏🎮

I wanna play all three big games I have - FO76, GTA5 and RDR2. But there is not enough space, lol. It'd probably be not too hard to buy and install an extra SSD. Do not want HDD. Too old. And they've released a new update in FO76. I was thinking of temporarily deleting it so I can try RDR2 for a while, but I don't want that. Then again, maybe it's okay. Install, play, delete. I honestly love FO76. Maybe not play so many games at once? Hehe.

Now that I think about it, I just might have enough space for three of them, lol. Maybe this time RDR2 won't feel as depressing. Also I'd love to try using the controller I bought. I wonder if a more expensive controller would be better... May want to visit a shop and ask them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR